Where can I get Pennzoil ATF ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to local auto store, pepboys, autozone, kragen, Napa, Sears, Target... you name it,
still can not find pennzoil ATF. Can any body tell me where I can get it.. or on-line !!

Thank you very much

I feel your pain.
smile.gif
I looked everywhere for it, finally found it at Target. You might want to try a few of them if you could not find at first. It was $1.89/quart here in Cincinnati.

Good Luck, and happy hunting.
grin.gif

Brad's right. I saw it tonight at Target for $1.89/qt. It was *not* Mercon V.

They also carried their Car & Driver brand of ATF which will make you tranny's voice sound like Jim Scoutten, host of C&D TV show.

Pennzoil Customer Service should be able to locate it for you in your area. Or,in the yellow pages under oils you will find wholesale oil suppliers in you area.

O'Reilly's and Autozone carries it here in Oklahoma those two and Pep Boys is all our sources as far as chain auto parts stores go. Wish we had more options though

quote:

Originally posted by freeman:
Went to local auto store, pepboys, autozone, kragen, Napa, Sears, Target... you name it,
still can not find pennzoil ATF. Can any body tell me where I can get it.. or on-line !!

Thank you very much

I had the same problem. Finally found it at O'Rielly's.

I have slowly changed it out completly over the last few weeks to Dex III/Mercon in my '93 Explorer and after the first drain and fill with Pennzoil, I noticed an immediated improvement in shifting and in general the transmission was smoother. And yes, I had just had my ATF changed about a month ago and the shop put in Exxon superflow. So, I do try and take care of my transmission.

I am a little anal about my trans, since I now have 105K and according to a poll on explorerforum.com, only 18% made it past 130K. Not a great stat!

Bottom line. Try O'Rielly's and Penn ATF really is good stuff, but hard to find!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back