Wix vs. Baldwin? Where do I order Baldwins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys,

I have ruled out:

-Amsoil TS: don't want to have another cleanable filter, plus reports of poor fit in Jeep airbox.
-Purolator: is too expensive, nothing draws me too it.
-AC Delco: Doesn't have the pre-oiled foam before the pleats.

I am looking at the Wix or Baldwin now. The Wix is still pricey at around $20-25 (so I have heard), great fit and filtration from the Wix.

-Then there is the Baldwin I've been told it is almost identical to Wix construction, every bit as good if not better and filtration is supposed to be the same. PLUS, they are only $12 dollars!!!!

Where can I order Baldwins? Best place?

If anyone has any reason why I shouldn't or should get one of those instead please lets hear your opinion.

Thanks for your input,
Seth

If I choose to go with the Baldwin I need part #: PA4092

I found them for $16.49 plus shipping is lowest I have found so far. If anyone has a really cheap good place to get them from please let me know!! I want to buy probably two of them. I don't have enough money to get a 6 or 12 pack because i'm not working

I checked prices on Baldwin's, the cheapest place I found was www.westfleet.com. You have to email for a quote, but their prices were much better than the site mentioned above. And the people who respond are very helpful. Give them a try. On a filter order for my stuff, on adiesel it was going to be about 105 or more, and at westfleet it was about 85 (both including shipping).

Ron

quote:

Originally posted by snoboy:
OK, I checked my filter1 account and the Baldwin PA4092 crosses to a Wix 46081 for $11.84 shipped to the front door. http://www.filter1.com/default.htm Go there and open an account for free, its easy.

THANKS SNOBOY!!!!!!

I'll check today to see if the Napa Gold/Wix really is that cheap... Same for Purolator. I thought it was much more expensive than that for some reason.

I'll get in touch with Westfleet too, I was kinda turned off cause they didn't have an online thing but i'll e-mail them or call to check.

Thanks again everyone

quote:

Originally posted by snoboy:
OK, I checked my filter1 account and the Baldwin PA4092 crosses to a Wix 46081 for $11.84 shipped to the front door. http://www.filter1.com/default.htm Go there and open an account for free, its easy.

I just called Napa and for the Wix/Napa Gold they want 20 bucks... Ouch

some of the fleetpride stores stock baldwin in house, and they will be glad to sell you them over the counter.

They are a big pricey compared to a parts store, but baldwin is a good filter.

JH

Seth, being that you are in Ohio and not the dusty windy desert, I really don't think you need to waste your money to get a filter with "pre-oilded foam".

Any paper filter will due in Ohio. I don't think you will get any better filtration especially if you went with the AC/Delco paper. The airfilter study rated the AC/delco as the best for filtering. I have an Ac delco in my Jeep right now. I replaced my airraid cone filter and noticed no loss of power or decline in MPG.

You can't beat the two deals I found on the Wix or the Baldwin! The AC delco can't be any cheaper therefore i'm not wasting my money plus it has the foam on there which does whatever I don't know, heh... Take a look

I got prices:

I can get the Baldwin PA4092 for $11.93
or a Wix 46081 for $12.03. Very cheap and both great filters.

-How well does the AC Delco fit though? The Baldwin and Wix reportedly have outstanding fit and construction.

WN1998 your probably getting a little cleaner air in the jeep now. I had one (Airaid) on the wifes Blazer and I switched back to paper. The Airaid actually gave that little V-6 a funky power curve. No bottom end and all top end. You know when the Mrs. is bit%hin about how the car is running then it must be VERY noticeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back