Stainless Steel Air Filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It says it comes with a 1 year warranty but that are sales are final! What's up with that???
dunno.gif

They say it's less restrictive. That tells you something. It's letting through particles much larger than would be trapped by just about any other filter!

The claims seem pretty accurate, though. They're not making any outlandish claim about doing a good job of filtering out dirt.....
rolleyes.gif

one of my friends has a filter like this on his daily driver. hes convenced that it filters pretty good. i doubt he is right.

there is a brand called blitz that was taken and tested for dirt in how good it preformed.

trust me this filter doesnt filter, well that is..

your better off getting some cheezecloth and putting it on the intake pipe.

there are alot better ones and i bet the warrenty on their stuff is just deformaties, not filtration.

apexi is a good one, paper cone, too expensive though.

Combine that with a "Electric Supercharger" and "Power chip", and your good to go.
wink.gif

-T

oh man, I was crusing around today, and I found a guy that used a "stainless air filter" to race with. His engine blew up halfway through the race and he couldnt figure out why. He said the walls of the block were scored to **** and the rings were destroyed.. lol. Sucks to be him with a 10,000 dollar race motor
crushedcar.gif
crushedcar.gif
crushedcar.gif

Looks like its only good for filtering out the big stuff. Like dear, moose and various other large game. Anything else is welcome to pass through.

quote:

Originally posted by digitaldrifter91:
there is a brand called blitz that was taken and tested for dirt in how good it preformed.

trust me this filter doesnt filter, well that is..

Do you have a link to that test? I be interested to see it. The Blitz SUS is real big in the Subaru community.

Actually extremely fine stainless mesh with good flow rates can be had in the aerospace industry ($$$) that could do well in this app, but it is unknown what quality of mesh is being used here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back