CUB CADET 2554

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joel -

It's not a "deck dragger" in that the lift mechanism is rigid and does carry the deck and set the basic cutting height. It's not at all like a Simplicity where the deck is really a dragger. The Simplicity decks are pulled along with a pivot in the front and the back of the deck floating, with a lift mechanism IIRC that just pulls the deck up and back to raise it.

The the Cub Cadet manual has notes about the 54" deck in particular and tells you to adjust the wheels so they're in contact with the ground when the deck is at cutting height. The wheel height rods have the same number of height setting adjustment holes as the lift mechanism has detents.

It's not the best setup in my opinion. With the lift mechanism being rigid it *should* set the deck height by itself. But with the wheels in contact with the ground if they ride up on a high spot you're jamming the deck against the rigid lift mechanism. Maybe they are just there to prevent scalping and help keep the deck more level with less bind on the lift mechanism over rough ground so their settings are non-critical really.

I've heard other comments to the contrary, but I like the new hood setup. It's easy to get at everything though it would be even easier if the hood went up a little higher.

As far as the engine fan, I'll just blow everything out when I'm done mowing each time. I usually do that anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back