32:1 in place of 50:1 (stihl epa2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I run a 32:1 mix in my Stihl FS80 trimmer, which is EPAII compliant? I know these newer 2strokes run a lot leaner than older ones. I do not think I can adjust the carb either.
Right now I'm using 40:1 with the Mobil Racing2T, seems fine. But I want to be able to use the same mix in other things.

Mobil Racing2T is the ticket. i run all my machine at 32:1 (mostly ECHO)i run 32:1 in old saws-new saws-old blowers-new ones etc.........

As you may be aware, the jetting is also dependant on the quality of the fuel you use. So a change to 32/1 may be more difficult on one brand of fuel vs. another when set up so lean.

You could try runnig AVGAS if you have any available. It runs rich in my biks and in my 2 stroke lawn eqpt.

Chris

Lawn and yard equiptment would see no benefit in AV IMO. They don't have the compression to utilize the octane and the high lead content could make plug fouling a problem. Plus the fact your breathing the lead.

I've used it (100LL)in high compression engines at 50-50 mix with pump prem. Works well and is cheaper than race gas. May not make the power you can with a good formulated fuel but it does stave off detonation enough to keep the motors alive.

The 50/50 mixed tested out at 105-106 r+m/2 at one lab, FWIW. Run 50-50 haven't seen much mixure issue or additional tuning needed. If you need to run it straight I'd be looking at other fuels.

quote:

Originally posted by Steve128:
Chris:

Does "AVGAS" have advantages for two stroke applications?

thanks,

Steve

it will be more resisitant to freezing up at 10,000 feet
lol.gif

i've used the mobil and most recently the amsoil saber at 40/1 and 50/1. for me the amsoil was definetly easier to start. my poor old junky poulan saw starts and screams with the amsoil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back