2010 or so Ford Fusion Sport thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting the itch to buy a nicer ride. Been thinking of a 2010 or so Fusion Sport. Scoring a AWD model would be awesome. Any 2008-2012 Fusion owners out there?

Yep they are very dependable cars. Maybe not the flashiest, and you need to change fluid on the 6F35 frequently, but they're definitely decent transportation. I have a 2011 SE with 123k, 104k of it mine. Only thing that's been replaced were the rear pads and rotors once at 46k, other than that just normal maintenance- oil changes about every 13k, trans fluid every 50k with Amsoil ATL, and antifreeze and thermostat (preventative only) at 100k. Great car, if slightly boring with the 2.5.

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Yep they are very dependable cars. Maybe not the flashiest, and you need to change fluid on the 6F35 frequently, but they're definitely decent transportation. I have a 2011 SE with 123k, 104k of it mine. Only thing that's been replaced were the rear pads and rotors once at 46k, other than that just normal maintenance- oil changes about every 13k, trans fluid every 50k with Amsoil ATL, and antifreeze and thermostat (preventative only) at 100k. Great car, if slightly boring with the 2.5.

Any Gen 1.5 Fusion Sport will not have the 6F35 - It will have the Aisin TF80 transmission, and thus will not be subject to the same requirements of the 6F35. Seems to be a more forgiving trans. It also uses different fluid (T-IV fluid) than the 6F35 trans, which requires Mercon LV.

That said, the Gen 1.5 Fusions (2010-2012) are overall extremely dependable cars, and the Sports are pretty fun to drive so you really can't go wrong with one. As you can see, the 2010 in my sig is way up there in terms of mileage.

Originally Posted by SirTanon
ZZman - Which car are you looking to potentially replace with the Fusion Sport?

Grand Marquis. It really sucks fuel and is rusty and dented....
frown.gif

The sport is the model to buy. It's the only one that got the Aisin trans, which is THE one you want.

The only pain is working on the thing, that 3.5 is crammed in there. As is the 3.0. Not that they ever need much work.

The sport's were the odd duck of the Fusion group, a ton of power (at the time) and decent looking, but you almost never see them.

I absolutely love my 2008 Fusion, but I wouldn't consider the car without the 4cyl, manual trans combo I have. I get 29 to 30 mpg consistently in a lot of heavy rush hour traffic. Best car I have owned yet.

Fusions that I see of that (10-12) are really fun to drive (for a sedan) with the sport package.

Almost bought a friend's a while back....

Originally Posted by ZZman
ZZman - Which car are you looking to potentially replace with the Fusion Sport?

Grand Marquis. It really sucks fuel and is rusty and dented....
frown.gif

Ah, yeah.. kinda figured that was it. The Fusion sport might have a bit less power, but the power-to-weight ratio is definitely better. Much better fuel economy too.

Shame you're not here in Phoenix... 2012 Fusion Sport for $4,950

... now you've got me thinking.

Originally Posted by ClutchDisc
I absolutely love my 2008 Fusion, but I wouldn't consider the car without the 4cyl, manual trans combo I have. I get 29 to 30 mpg consistently in a lot of heavy rush hour traffic. Best car I have owned yet.

The 2010-2012 with the 2.5L 4-cyl and 6F35 6-speed Auto trans get roughly the same fuel economy.

I have test drove a sport. Man they have some grunt!

It really soaked up the bumps well too.

Last edited:
2010 is when it got the refresh, and finally a cabin filter. You can install a cabin filter in pre-2010 Fusions, but you have to cut a panel off. Once you do, it uses the same filter as the 2010-12 models.

My 09 Lincoln is basically a fancy Fusion. Car has been extremely reliable. A nice change from the Jeeps I was used to!

The 2010-2012 with the 2.5L 4-cyl and 6F35 6-speed Auto trans get roughly the same fuel economy.

That might be, but its still lacking the fun to drive aspect of a manual! I can get that mpg and still drive it spiritedly.

That might be, but its still lacking the fun to drive aspect of a manual! I can get that mpg and still drive it spiritedly.

I get 29 to 30 mpg consistently in a lot of heavy rush hour traffic.

.. you drive spiritedly in heavy rush hour traffic?

I get 29 to 30 mpg consistently in a lot of heavy rush hour traffic.

.. you drive spiritedly in heavy rush hour traffic?

My fastest driving has been in rush hour. Some of my slowest too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back