Air up your vehicle's tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only Alanis Morrissett could include a verse about this.

October is a strange month for tyre pressures here.

One year we are snowed in and can't get to work. Next year (literally same day) town is fire risk, and major roads closed. Next year (literally...same day) I was acting site manager and had to call a snow day.

October...swing temperatures in this town.

Besides mere cooling causing contraction I'm a firm believer in the FLUCTUATIONS of temperature between dead-of-night vs midday heat, BOTH SPRING & FALL, causing even more "leakage" of air.
Just my experience.

Of course, as stated in other recent threads, there's is no need to adjust pressure if you've filled your tires with miraculous pure Nitrogen, which doesn't vary in pressure with variations in temperature...

27.gif

I can't tell you how many vehicles I see driving around on under-inflated tires...I don't think these people realize just how dangerous this is...

Originally Posted by Astro14
Of course, as stated in other recent threads, there's is no need to adjust pressure if you've filled your tires with miraculous pure Nitrogen, which doesn't vary in pressure with variations in temperature...
27.gif

It's like rain on your wedding day...

Added 3PSI of pressure to my Corvette and the Honda this weekend. I hate this time of year, I want summer back so I can let some air out of the tires!
smile.gif

I've never been able to feel a difference, not until it was 10 plus PSI wrong. Tall tires and sedate sedans I guess. I did add a few psi this weekend but the two gauges I grabbed don't agree with each other.

Heh heh you speak truth OP. Wife's Camry threw the low tire light. 1 was 25Psi and the rest were around 30. Before I go to air up, I check PSI at home. Went to a pay machine and used plastic instead of 6 quarters. Door jamb sez 35 PSI. I set it to 37 PSI . Soft tires wear faster, run hotter, and waste gas.

Originally Posted by supton
I've never been able to feel a difference, not until it was 10 plus PSI wrong.

The funny thing is, the Honda rides a lot stiffer with 3psi added, but the Corvette feels exactly the same. (the Honda rides much stiffer to begin with as it's got Tein lowering springs on it and crappy shocks)

I check and adjust my tire pressures every month. Spare tire every 3 months (kept slightly overinflated).

I run the Vic at 44psi. MUCH harsher ride... I definitely feel every bump in the road that the police spec suspension doesn't even try to soak up but the MPG and handling are worth it compared to 36psi.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Chris142
Tell me about these low ambient temps you speak of?

Right, 107 at work today. But in all seriousness, great advice as we will be getting cool weather soon, supposedly, hopefully...LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back