Power Stop Wheel Bearing/Hubs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't heard any bad news about them. So as they say, no news is good news sometimes. Keep us posted on how they do.

How difficult are they to change on your car? If easy, maybe take a chance. It it is difficult install, then go with skf or timken. I used timken on several saturns with no problems. I don't know if the quality is still the same though.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by spasm3
How difficult are they to change on your car? If easy, maybe take a chance. It it is difficult install, then go with skf or timken. I used timken on several saturns with no problems. I don't know if the quality is still the same though.

Easy. 3 bolts plus axle nut. I've done them a bunch of times on this thing, both front and rear.

FWIW, the one that wore out was a NAPA cheapie that lasted about 5 years.

Last edited:
Not from Rock Auto, but I just did something similar.

Bought a set of TRQ rear hubs from 1A Auto for my Fusion for about $60. Reviews are decent, so I figure it's worth a shot. I've purchased TRQ stuff from them before, with good results, so I'm optimistic. Worst case, as with yours, 3 bolts and a 36mm axle nut, and I can switch them out again.

if you DIY it cheaper parts that may not last are not bad, but pay for installation + things change. girlfriends 13 malibu as well as many others are known for cheap chinese OE hub assemblies, sisters 11 needed all 4 by the time she dumped it!!! my choice is moog for sure, but there are other decent ones as well about a buck or so each with 3 yr warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back