YouTube strikes again - Can I change oils? - Scotty

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same could be said for his advice.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by Linctex
I hate how much credence people give to this guy

Yup... And then the good guys like South Main Auto get beaten up by Scotty's crowd. Even on SMA's live streams Scotty will troll the guy in the chat beside the video.

Last edited:
On my Toyota the last two years I've changed brands of oil on every OCI with zero negative effects and no oil usage a cup in 5000 miles. Zero difference when I went to full synthetic 8 years ago this guy is full of crap!

Last edited:
I actually get a kick out of Scotty's channel but his knowledge on oil is lackluster! We should invite him to BITOG.

Originally Posted by jongies3
I actually get a kick out of Scotty's channel but his knowledge on oil is lackluster! We should invite him to BITOG.

He's probably here already.

Originally Posted by jongies3

I agree
smile.gif

He needs some edumacation on oil
lol.gif

Originally Posted by Warstud
Sorry....but I'll have to agree with him on that.
I don't see what the problem is? Synthetic oils usually do clean sludge and start leaking. Not always the case, but usually so on higher mileage engines.

I have not watched a bunch of his videos, but I have seen a few, and this one just reinforces what I have believed about him all along. He is someone who has amassed enough knowledge on a subject to sound like he is given sage advice, but in reality all he is doing is telling you what he believes to be true based upon anecdotal evidence he stockpiled years ago.

The guy down at the end of the bar. An automotive Cliff Clavin. And because I watched one of his YouTube videos, I'm deluged by more-- along with Window World ads months after I had them do a siding job on a rental property. If Google is as smart as it's supposed to be, this dissing will stop the e-abuse.

Last edited:
Scotty has some quirks. I gave him [censored] over advocating not using jackstands to work under a car once though. He actually defended his decision. Stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back