2017 nissan sentra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll look further into the manual but I still don't see anything in her manual. 10-2 only states to use nissan 0w20 oil OR equivalent to above.

I'm still educating myself with vehicle oils and what is involved. Thats why I posted because of the source of information you guys are. Thank you.

Maybe there's a difference in the Canadian manual, but, then again, this one did list the California Proposition warning. The one I referenced stated that 5w-30 conventional meets warranty requirements. I checked the 2017 Sentra manual right from the Nissan page; it was on the right side. From 10-2:

Originally Posted by Nissan
• Genuine "Nissan Motor Oil 0W-20 SN" is recommended.
• If the above motor oil is not available, use an equivalent motor oil that matches the above grade and viscosity. For additional information, refer to "Engine oil and oil filter recommendations" in this section.
• As an alternative to this recommended oil, SAE 5W-30 conventional petroleum based oil may be used and meets all specifications and requirements necessary to maintain the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

No problem. With her application, it shouldn't be a big deal either way. I get a little nervous when Nissan/Infiniti starts massively extending OCIs and "letting" people use conventional. The replacement for my G37 has a rather long OCI, and you know people will be using cheap oil in it, since it's allowed. That's not to say that can't work; one should just watch OCIs.

As a sidenote, in Canada, I don't think you'll easily find Nissan Motor Oil 0w-20 SN. Imperial Oil, our Exxon-Mobil, provides the service fill for Nissan/Infiniti dealers, with M1 being pushed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back