VW Electronic Parking Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Design engineers have one goal in life, keep designing. Wether it's an improvement over the old design, or different for the sake of being different, doesn't matter, they are employed to keep the changes going. Forward, backward, sideways, it's all good as long as it can be sold either to the customer or upper management.

Originally Posted by Hermann
I like the electric parking brake on my new F-150. I use it all the time. I will like it as long as it is not a PITA.

And then it'll be too late.

I'd suggest new car buyers could decide what they don't want, walk into a showroom, get the salesman stoked, ask about that thing and then walk out.

But then if they weren't lazy they probably wouldn't be new car buyers.

Originally Posted by KrisZ
Design engineers have one goal in life, keep designing. Wether it's an improvement over the old design, or different for the sake of being different, doesn't matter, they are employed to keep the changes going. Forward, backward, sideways, it's all good as long as it can be sold either to the customer or upper management.

Yup.

People who believe in the inevitability of technical progress must have had very little exposure to Microsoft Operating Systems

The joke used to be that if Microsoft were a car company, they'd go under from the lack of reliability and seemingly random failures, or if Windows were a car we'd have to get used to a car just dying for no reason, then restart just fine with no further symptoms. The unfortunate thing is that instead of that having been just funny satire, it is actually going that way.

Originally Posted by JamesBond
I think I remember reading that some sort of electronic parking brake is necessary for cars that have automatic braking because they stop using the abs system components, but if they remain stopped the parking brake takes over.

I could be wrong about this, maybe it was a nightmare.

My Highlander has all those bells and whistles and still has a cable parking brake.

Originally Posted by StevieC
Originally Posted by JamesBond
I think I remember reading that some sort of electronic parking brake is necessary for cars that have automatic braking because they stop using the abs system components, but if they remain stopped the parking brake takes over.

I could be wrong about this, maybe it was a nightmare.

My Highlander has all those bells and whistles and still has a cable parking brake.

From the owners manual, the Toyota automatic braking system should release after 2 seconds if stopped. I don't really know what other systems do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back