Your "Go-To" Wiper Blades?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by IveBeenRued
Bosch ICON blades are my go-to blades. They seem to be the only blades that seem to work well even after 4+ years of service.

I just put a set of these on the Sonata. They make a kind of squelching sound but wipe very well.

I use inserts that I just get from dealer, but from Dec to about April I remove the entire wiper and switch to winter blades also put on winter tires at the same time. I figure as long as inserts are available i will use them, i see no need in tossing an entire wiper frame when replacing the insert will do. I Can replace an insert in 30 seconds. Inserts are OE, not sure what brand. I think my winter wipers are Arco brand.

I buy the cheapest ones I can find. It's been my experience that the expensive blades perform no better, nor last any longer...

The entire Trico lineup from $1.60 Rainguard to $20 Force seem to hold up and work better than the whole Bosch lineup and I've pretty much tried them all. RainX can be hit or miss. The Goodyear wipers from Costco suck.

I usually use the cheapest I can find. The $3 wipers from Ollie's bargain outlet or the $1 wonders from real deals (a local "everything is a dollar" chain) work fine for me. They are usually a "closeout" or something. I normally find a metric ton of the 28" ones that fit Dodge mini vans or the 15-16 inch blades that fit my Volvo 240. I don't see the point of spending over $6 a pop for wipers (if you can help it). The "super areo flex 5000" blades and any other $7 and up blades become completely worthless in the same amount of time as the $1-$5 Wonders in my neck of the woods.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by dogememe
The entire Trico lineup from $1.60 Rainguard to $20 Force seem to hold up and work better than the whole Bosch lineup and I've pretty much tried them all. RainX can be hit or miss. The Goodyear wipers from Costco suck.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back