2015 Kia Forte 1.6 GDI Used Oil Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry wear, oxidation, insoluble are not trending towards immediate failure. OP you are fine. If it helps you to sleep better cap it at 12K and call it a day.

My Rio, although not turbocharged, has the same fuel dilution issue. I'm 4k into 15w40. Assuming the fraction that does not burn/evap off has a hot vis of 1.3cst, it would take around @15% fuel dilution to bring it to the threshold of a 20 weight. Yours seems like it dropped closer to the bottom of a 30 weight, which is great considering its at 14k mi. Just from my gut, 3ppm iron /1k mi doesn't seem too high given the age.

I wonder how additional friction modifier / anti-wear agent like Lube Gard Bio-Tech or Hy-per Lube Zinc Replacement Additive would affect (lower wear rate) and maybe bolster a long oci for a fuel-diluting GDI.

I have a non-turbo Gamma II 1.6 and I would feel guilty taking it to 7500 miles let alone 14K. These are not extended OCI engines where fuel dilution especially is concerned and I'm trying to fathom how more than doubling the suggested normal OCI is considered OK (?)

14K OCI on a TGDI? And with that fuel dilution? And the owner's manual says what, 5k/3.75k OCI depending on driving conditions?

Cut that to OCI back to 5k. Given the GDI timing chain/soot issue, you don't want to drink Amsoil's KoolAid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back