Give the guy a break.....
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Ducked
Its "Brake".

Brakes brake, unless they're broken.

How many bloody times?

(Good vid. though)

Sorry it was late... My bad.

Very interesting, the power booster is complicated but simple genius, I've always wondered what was inside and how they worked.

Originally Posted by JLawrence08648
Very interesting, the power booster is complicated but simple genius, I've always wondered what was inside and how they worked.

I knew it was vacuum driven but I didn't really know how it worked either. It is quite simple and ingenious really.

I have never in the age of power disc brakes had a vacuum booster failure. Only the hydraulic booster in a 535i . DOA. Also the hydro pneumatic brakes/suspension on a '57 DS 19. Also DOA. Vacuum assist is pretty reliable in general.. Master cylinders are a mixed bag.

I've seen them fail on some GM models, Also another common problem I've seen on various models is the Master Cylinder will start leaking and leak fluid into the brake booster and cause it to not operate properly and once that happens it's just easier to replace it.

I've had two brake booster failures. But the robust and simple design gave plenty of warning - they started hissing on brake application, and got changed before they failed completely. (ATE design, on the two Volvos in my sig)

This video is well done, by the way. The presenter gives a clear, concise overview, and by taking things apart, really does a good job of explaining how every part works.

Originally Posted by Astro14
This video is well done, by the way. The presenter gives a clear, concise overview, and by taking things apart, really does a good job of explaining how every part works.

I just find that he speaks a bit fast and cuts frames a bit quickly. I like the Youtube feature to slow down / speed up the video for this reason.
grin2.gif

Good video. I was hoping it would explain what I could do to eliminate a squeaky brake pedal in my 2013 Maxima. The pedal squeaks only in Spring & Summer, quiet in Fall & Winter. Common problem for Nissan Altimas and Maximas. No issues with brake performance, just an annoyance. And no, silicone spray doesn't provide relief :eek:(

Originally Posted by StevieC
Originally Posted by Astro14

I just find that he speaks a bit fast and cuts frames a bit quickly. I like the Youtube feature to slow down / speed up the video for this reason.
grin2.gif

Thats why I said it was a good vid.

Compare and contrast that CRC valve cleaner one just posted, which I'm afraid is more typical..

10 mins of Good Ole Boy Bollocks to show a pair of before and after picture sets.

Sheesh!

I'd like to see the inner workings of a Hydroboost and a electronic boost setup. Electronic boost is become much more common now where mfgr's can run the electronics and hydraulics in a single unit.
[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Ducked

Compare and contrast that CRC valve cleaner one just posted, which I'm afraid is more typical..

10 mins of Good Ole Boy Bollocks to show a pair of before and after picture sets.

Sheesh!

Yeah that video does suck but there is limited before/after video of CRC working. I know it's working for us with a first generation Hyundai Veloster Direct Injection engine that likes to cake the valves. It's original and is a high miler and we haven't had the need to do valve cleaning other than using CRC through the intake after the first dealer valve cleaning the car had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back