My 'new' bike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that a Greenfield kickstand on that bike? The Greenfields were in a building directly across the street from my family's generator shop on Long Island. I know those guys. Not sure if they still make them on LI. Hope they do.

NYE, it's a Greenfield - good eye! We're just back from our Minnesota vacation. Yesterday we did a loop of Itasca State Park, and stopped at bike rental and repair shop in the park for a hot drink. They had a good selection of parts and tools, including Greenfield kickstands. I checked the packaging, and these ones were made in the US.

I've been watching some of the old From the Earth to the Moon episodes - "Spider", about the development of the lunar module, is brilliant. I believe Grumman, which did the conception, engineering, and manufacturing, was also based on Long Island.

Just got back into bike riding ....its been over 40 years--bought 2 Cannondales, his and hers--Im 72, wife is 60...it feels nice to be a kid again, we love it...sold the Harleys awhile back--big change up and we will be healthier for it. Wow, no license needed, no plates, no oil, no gas, lol,,great fun agan.

We do not have all those touring bags,,just simple ,,ride and having fun in Tennessee.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Number_35
Guys, a big shout-out from me to NYEngineer, who provided the fork discussed. I'm delighted to have my old bike back on the road.

Photos of the restored Rocky coming! Here's one from a year ago, still with the old fork:

nice set up

Originally Posted by CourierDriver
Just got back into bike riding ....its been over 40 years--bought 2 Cannondales, his and hers--Im 72, wife is 60...it feels nice to be a kid again, we love it...sold the Harleys awhile back--big change up and we will be healthier for it. Wow, no license needed, no plates, no oil, no gas, lol,,great fun agan.

CourierDriver, good for you! You've made some excellent lifestyle choices. Keep it going!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back