MC FL-500S CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Motorcraft filter and PP 5W30 was on a friends 2016 Ford Expedition fancy edition. Vehicle has just shy of 90,xxx miles. Some gunk or whatever in bottom of can and oil was real black. We all know that means nothing. Friend said OLM monitor went off at 7,000 and he re set it and went another 1k so filter had 8k.

Enjoy pics and PP 5W30 and a Fram ULTRA 10575 went in and on
smile.gif

20180918_174816.jpg

20180918_174926.jpg

20180918_174952.jpg

20180918_175043.jpg

20180918_175055.jpg

20180918_175138.jpg

20180918_175036.jpg

20180918_175213.jpg

Originally Posted by zorobabel
Looks good, thanks for posting!

You are welcome and I enjoy your filter cut and posts as well sir
smile.gif

34.gif
10.gif

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
Thanks for the C&P Adam, these usually look pretty good for me....

You are welcome Robert
smile.gif

I don't see "gunk" in the bottom of my filters( from my engines) which indicates some sludge in the engine.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by tig1
I don't see "gunk" in the bottom of my filters( from my engines) which indicates some sludge in the engine.

I would say the previous oil is doing some cleaning or....

Nice, thanks for the C&P. Any chance you're doing a UOA on the oil? Very curious to see what a top tier oil looks like 1,000 miles past the OLM.

My guess is it will look great...but fun to see the data.

Originally Posted by Onug
Nice, thanks for the C&P. Any chance you're doing a UOA on the oil? Very curious to see what a top tier oil looks like 1,000 miles past the OLM.

My guess is it will look great...but fun to see the data.

I don't think he is to my knowledge

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
This Motorcraft filter and PP 5W30 was on a friends 2016 Ford Expedition fancy edition. Vehicle has just shy of 90,xxx miles. Some gunk or whatever in bottom of can and oil was real black. We all know that means nothing. Friend said OLM monitor went off at 7,000 and he re set it and went another 1k so filter had 8k.

smile.gif

Is the dome end bypass valve a separate piece that fits into the center tube or is it manufacturered together?

Originally Posted by Ablebody
Originally Posted by 53' Stude

smile.gif

Is the dome end bypass valve a separate piece that fits into the center tube or is it manufacturered together?

Nevermind just googled and saw a YouTube of an opened motorcraft. It's built into the end cap. I think it's a much smarter design. I understand the dome end bypass prevents dirty oil from re-entering the block during bypass and I like that the bypass is not a separate piece that might allow oil to leak by where it sits inside the center tube .

The Expedition is one good looking SUV. The filter looks good too.

That sediment on the bottom of the element is interesting. This would have the 3.5 Ecoboost I believe.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by dlundblad
The Expedition is one good looking SUV. The filter looks good too.

That sediment on the bottom of the element is interesting. This would have the 3.5 Ecoboost I believe.

Yeah, there was a lil' bit of something. As said the oil looked a lil' dark, darker than I'd want to see. Filter did good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back