2-Stroke Blowing White Smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much White smoke coming out the exhaust for a 2 Stroke is normal? The Backback blower I have seems to be blowing alot of white smoke out and i can't seem to adjust the carb right to lessen it. I adjusted the carb on both the H&L screws to 1.5 turns out to fix a hesitation i had and now no matter what adjustments I make on the carb richer or leaner it just blows out alot of white smokeas I give it some throttle. What am i doing wrong or could it be something else other the the carb adjustments causeing the smoke? Most people from another thread said that 1.5 turns out on the carb screws should be just about right and just fine tune from there, but i can't seem to get rid of the white smoke. thanks for the help

whats your oil mix ratio? white smoke is either too rich, or too much oil in the gas. did you check the needle's tips for damage?

Thanks for the replys. Its actually my Dads blower, so i am not sure on the brand, I will check next time i stop over his house. The mixture is whatever it says to put in it, I will double check this too. I thought Black smoke ment rich and white was lean? This is why i was confused when i would over richen it and it still blew white smoke. Maybe it is the gas in there, I will dump the gas in there now and add new gas to see if that was it. thanks again, I let you know how it turns out.

You probably need the carb rebuilt. I had an old Homelite saw that once warmed up would belch out a lot of white smoke. Smoked so much I figured it had to be the carb. Gave it away, bought a Stihl and never knew for sure what was actually causing all the smoke, but I would bet something was worn out in the carb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back