Inside aWix inline transmission filter 27k miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
5ebm2r.jpg

n5hbpc.jpg

Sleeve of magnets covering inside circumference of the case
dbss0.jpg

Metal sludge off the magnets
11mgqx1.jpg

I dunno but it said filtran on it when new and just had a wix sticker put on it.

Originally Posted By: Plawan
I must say the fluid looks and smells new. Its very clean. The media is a 25 micron element and the magnets held alot of metal sludge. Its really hard to judge or compare but it seems like this filter preformed better than the magnafine i used before it on this same car.

I must say the fluid looks and smells new. Its very clean. The media is a 25 micron element and the magnets held alot of metal sludge. Its really hard to judge or compare but it seems like this filter preformed better than the magnafine i used before it on this same car.

Without a UOA, I am not sure you can compare the two filters.

I dunno but it said filtran on it when new and just had a wix sticker put on it.

Where did you order it from?

Originally Posted By: Donald

Without a UOA, I am not sure you can compare the two filters.

In this case you can. Magnefine is junk. Filtran is what actual trans shops use to prevent comebacks.

Originally Posted By: KingCake

Where did you order it from?

Orielys has them

I put a Magnefine on my 3500 after a trans fluid and filter service and the fluid definitely is staying cleaner looking longer.

^agreed the difference is quite noticable for me too. With both magnifine and wix/filtran inline filters

Palawan, are you referring to the filipino island of Palawan with your user name?
Beautiful and awesome place to be by the way. I love it there.

I have to assume that everything inside that filter case as pictured would have been whirling around over and over in the transmission causing yet more wear. The internal filter is probably capable of catching particles somewhere between 60 to 100 micron from what I've been reading. The goo inside that filter case would not be trapped in there if it were smaller than 25 microns except for what's stuck on the magnets and that's just a plus. I'm sold on the idea of in line atf filters now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back