Amsoil Fuel Efficient Forumla (Low Viscosity)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep us posted. I tried a couple of different ATF in my highlander none of the smoothed out the "clunkness". Going to try amsoil next.

Just dumped 18 quarts of this SS blue cap low vis Amsoil ATF into a Chrysler 47RH.

Definitely grippier than either the SS red cap Amsoil ATF or Mopar ATF+4; I'm assuming its the non ATF+4 spec friction modifiers, but who knows.

Originally Posted by ofelas
Just dumped 18 quarts of this SS blue cap low vis Amsoil ATF into a Chrysler 47RH.

Definitely grippier than either the SS red cap Amsoil ATF or Mopar ATF+4; I'm assuming its the non ATF+4 spec friction modifiers, but who knows.

The Amsoil Signature Series Multi-Vehicle ATF (Red Cap) is the one that meets the ATF+4 Specifications set out by Chrysler but isn't officially licensed by Amsoil. (I used it without issue in my Journey)

The Amsoil Signature Series Fuel Efficient ATF (Blue Cap) does not meet the ATF+4 Specification set out by Chrysler but does meet Chrysler Mopar P/N 68157995A specification but also isn't officially licensed by Amsoil.

They also have 2 ATF's in their OE line to satisfy warranty requirements. A OE series ATF called multi-vehicle and an OE series ATF called fuel efficient formula.

Last edited:
I can't think of any Chrysler 47RH that's under warranty, or one that requires ATF+4.

But yes, the blue cap low vis Amsoil SS ATF is closer to Dex, rather than ATF+4, which is a plus in my 47RH ;-)

I'd have happily gone Dex 6 or MaxLife, but I get the Amsoil SS for not much more, and I'll be [censored] if I put any GM licensed product in any of my vehicles.

Originally Posted by StevieC
Originally Posted by ofelas

The Amsoil Signature Series Multi-Vehicle ATF (Red Cap) is the one that meets the ATF+4 Specifications set out by Chrysler but isn't officially licensed by Amsoil. (I used it without issue in my Journey)

The Amsoil Signature Series Fuel Efficient ATF (Blue Cap) does not meet the ATF+4 Specification set out by Chrysler but does meet Chrysler Mopar P/N 68157995A specification but also isn't officially licensed by Amsoil.

They also have 2 ATF's in their OE line to satisfy warranty requirements. A OE series ATF called multi-vehicle and an OE series ATF called fuel efficient formula.

Sorry completely missed the transmission you listed, I just saw the ATF+4 mention and wanted to specify which of the Amsoil ATF fluids was meant as a replacement for the ATF+4 and which one was not.
grin2.gif

No worries StevieC, was just gently pulling yer leg ;-)

Originally Posted by StevieC
Sorry completely missed the transmission you listed, I just saw the ATF+4 mention and wanted to specify which of the Amsoil ATF fluids was meant as a replacement for the ATF+4 and which one was not.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back