Husqvarna chainsaw users, opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the Stihl part# for that dual port muffler. I read that it will wake it up a bit. My wife said I am warped and I need help. I like stuff with motors on it.

quote:

Husky 372xp seemed to rev a little faster and seemed to me a bit smoother than the MS440. But the MS440 seemed more torque.

Torque vs. speed - that used to be one of the main criteria to compare between the two brands 20 years ago. Seems like it still is - at least according to you.

quote:

but all the guys said whatever saw size you think you need move up one or two sizes.

Ha! You and your friends must be young bucks! I find that as I approach 50, my chainsaw purchases go just the opposite. Find the lightest saw that will get the job done. Lugging a few extra ounces around all day catches up with you.

Have fun with your new toy. And....be safe.

My neighbor is a cutter for Penagor in Twin Lakes. Hs been using Huskys for more than 20 yrs and won't touch another saw.

We had the cheaper ($300-$400) models for our survey crews and they never gave us any problems. Prior to that we had Homelite and McCulloch and they were nothing but problems all the time.

Either a 32:1 or 40:1 will work fine in you 066. I would problay lean toward 40:1 since you are getting rid of the EPA muffler and wont be cutting any wood thats sizeable for this size saw.

Blano, good advice. I will run a 40:1 ratio of MX2T. Thanks. I used this saw to cut up some 24" maple that seemed hard as a rock. This saw really did a nice job on it. A lot of grunt for this kind of stuff.

I know this is not the same saw, but my Husky 345 has been a faithful saw. It has seen serious usage since the last 2 hurricanes and the resulting clean up at various houses. I did not really like it at first, and it was not properly set up. The OEM chain was junk.

After purchasing a decent chain and a good tune up, this saw has been fantastic. It has been far better than previous saws I have owned.

Chris

Cujet between my brothers freinds and people I know majority run Husqvarna's. One guy runs one of the Husky 359's. He likes it. Most of the other people run Husky 346xp's and 357xp's. The Stihl people have 290's and 260's. All good saws. One freind has an older Shindaiwa, which he likes a lot. Cujet I agree the oem chains are not that great. Better off with a good full chisel chain especially on a smaller saw. Just my opinion.
grin.gif

Husky has always been my choice over Stihl.
Just picked up one of the new XP 575 this morning.
Will give a full run down report between a 272,372, and the 575.

I have a Husky 365 special and it works great. Plenty of power, chain speed is pretty fast, and it always starts easy. I cut hardwoods and it goes right through the greener ones, some of the older dry oak is a little tough but it still gets the job done..... more of a chain sharpness issue than lack of power (chains don't stay sharp long cutting that stuff).

The new 575XP is a wild creature. It has lots more mid-range torque than the older line of XP Husky's. Top end performance ranks right with the 272's.
The only downfall thus far is being cold natured. It takes roughly 30 seconds high idling before saw will take fuel. But after that it is fine the rest of the day.

Well my saw just finished hurricane #4. I have to say that the 18" Husky 345 equipped with a Stihl full chisel chain is about the smoothest, lightweight saw around. I did a whole bunch of cutting this go around. That saw is flat out awesome. I tried the firemans saws and some others during the latest disaster. The Husky lives up to it's name. Went through a few chains, a bar, and a couple of gallons of gas. BTW, this thing is better on gas than some others. IMHO the Husky 345/350 (350 is slightly better) is a fantastic combo of power weight and RPM's.

You know what I really liked the most? It was a pleasure to start and stop it on a moments notice.

At first I really thought I purchased a dud, however my mind has been changed.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back