6.75HP Briggs & Stratton Craftsman 2550 Psi Oil Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,i just bought a craftsman 2550psi 6.75hp briggs & stratton engine powered pressure washer and i filled it with 15w40 as others have with various lawn equipment,the oil is carquest branded all-fleet oil made by valvoline which is their all fleet plus oil i believe. I would like to know if this oil is suitabale for 80 - 90 degree farenheit temperatures here on cape cod,mass where i live.

I want to run this oil from the initial time of purchase for the entire life of the machine. I would not like to run a initial 5 hour oil change per the book,instead a 2 hour oil change, then a 5 hour oil change,then 25 - 30 hour changes afterward,despite the fact the book says 50 hour oil changes. Please advise bitoger's
grin.gif

Thank you,
Peter Bellantoni

autoguru22, are you asking if the oil will put up with that kind of heat without shearing down significantly?
confused.gif

I'd say "definitely."
grin.gif

I like your modified service schedule. I think in the long run your washer should give you better service because of it ... without you going crazy changing the oil every 10 hours or so.

You should also check carefully as most pressure washers have a separate (tiny) resevoir for the pressure pump itself. This needs to have a vented cap (as opposed to the non-vented cap often used to ship the unit). For the pump, use an oil that most closely matches what is asked for in the manual.

I haven't been to the cape in years. Enjoy the rest of the summer.
cheers.gif

--- Bror Jace

ty Bror Jace,had another name on here that i can't remember the name of,and i got rid of my email address i used to register,and i had about between 30 - 50 posts. I really like this site,i've been reading about 2 years before i registered,boy how i am tempted to feed the magical elixer that is now gold supposedly to my 6.75hp motor
fruit.gif

Thanks again,and sorry for the confusion,i was tired,and i meant to ask,is 15w40 alright for continued use,i know it has a good shear stability,i've ran it in a rather hot running couple cars. Thank you in advance for the advice!,mobil 1 15w50 ep in the future for my pressure washer mabye,and btw bror jace,there is a little 8mm allen key plug in the pump itself for pump oil,first reccommended change is at 50 hours,but noooo i don't think i can let it go that long
crushedcar.gif
,must change at 25 hours afraid new toy go
crushedcar.gif
. Tia all,i'm one oil happy king
fruit.gif

I got the 2200psi model Craftsman (on sale in May-June?) with the 4.5hp B&S engine. Pretty good outfit for my needs which is mostly cleaning up my ATV and other vehicles and the garage floor.

I put in synthetic 0W-30 and am not paying any attention to what they recommend. So far less then 3 hrs of use. I'll be lucky if I put 50 hrs on this in 10 yrs so maybe I will change it about every 5 yrs, thats if it looks like it needs it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back