Honda HRB217

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mowed a friend's lawn yesterday and used her Honda mower with the Xenoy deck. NICE MOWER. It looks to be a few years old (it doesn't have that clip deflector thing, thankfully). Just a simple rear door that you close to mulch or open to bag. 3-speed rear drive. I guess it was belt-driven, and I liked it because I could use that as a "clutch", unlike with my Honda Masters (where the tranny is shaft-driven, and the drive is either "on" or "off", no slippage). The 6.5-hp OHC engine was a hard worker. The bermudagrass was long and wet, probably 6-8 inches I'd say. I had to take 1/4 or 1/2 passes with the mower because the grass was just too much to take on a full pass, but I was impressed with the mower...especially with the Xenoy deck. I wouldn't mind owning one.

jason, i have a 97'model w/ the xenoy deck. it's practicly indestructable from what i've heard and experienced. it has the 5.0 ohv honda motor. gets a mid and end of season oil change w/ the amsoil 10-30. gets used 5 or more times a week during the cutting season, side hustling, and the only thing i have ever done is replace the wheels last year, and annual plug and air filter replacement.

"... gets a mid and end of season oil change w/ the Amsoil 10W-30 ... and annual plug and air filter replacement."

Wow. How many hours does this thing see each year?
confused.gif

--- Bror Jace

bror, i use the mower anytime from 5 to 8 or so times a week. ususaly start around april and cut till...whenever. i live in se virginia, and the grass season is pretty long. this mower gets used alot! cut yards to make a little extra scratch. hours?...i figure 240-50? ...i'm using my sons playschool calculator as we speak! lol, penz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back