Unknown Lube -- Unknown Mileage -- 2014 Kenworth T660 Semi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just purchased this truck and wanted to sample the oil that was in the engine to see how it looked. The window sticker said to change it in 5,000 miles but knowing these trucks, the OCI can be 20k, 30k, even up to 60k miles if idle time is low and MPG is not in the SEVERE USE category as per the owners manual. I don't like having equipment with unknown oil / interval, so a flush was in order...

I refilled with Valvoline Blue 15w40 I got on sale from NAPA and Tractor Supply.

The truck has the Paccar MX-13 engine.

Based on the report, I'm glad to see that the engine is healthy internally. Hopefully it serves me well.

Not sure what OCI i'll do with it. Will probably go based on engine hours since I spend a lot of time idling while loading / unloading during local deliveries, which is 90% of the work i do. I like being home daily.

Not that I know of! I maintain a fleet of series 60's, ism's, isx's and dt466e's. When I get a report back i always cringe until I verify no antifreeze in oil. Then i look how much metal! I didn't mean To alarm you!

Oh I see. Good. Now I can sleep easier at night. You had sweating there for a min.... haha.

Artem, you mentioned that you may use hours to come up with an oci and that's fine. I think you'll find that you can go many hours on the new oils. Maybe consider the amount of fuel used as well.

There's nothing to say about the UOA, but Blackstone's universal averages are amazingly low for the miles. Kinda like the Toyota of heavy duty diesels.
grin.gif
I wish you success with the truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back