Simiplicity Snowblower 2 Cycle Tecumseh Engine - Best Oil for Premix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question to the group. What type of 2 cycle oil would be best for Simplicity 319 Snowblower with Tecumseh engine. Owners manual indicates to use NMMA oil at 50:1 or JASO? oil at 32:1. I was planning to use Mobil 1 MX2T at 40:1 as it has been working very well with my other air cooled OPE engines. By looking at recommended mix ratios it appears they are trying to steer user toward NMMA oil which I think is water-cooled marine oil (TCW 3). Any thoughts why?

Thanks

Wayne

I wonder if the machine being run in really cold weather has anything to their recommendation of an ashless oil?
dunno.gif

--- Bror Jace

Use a tcw3 oil. The ash present in a aircooled two cycle oil will build up on the plugs when subjected to costant throttle load conditions that a snowblower encounters. This ash build up is harmless, but it will cause you to replace plugs due to hard starting, etc after a period of time.

Thanks for the information. A few more questions to build on the topic.

If I use the TCW3 oil due to the colder temperatures to avoid the ash build up would Penzoil Marine Synthetic blend or Penzoil full synthetic be excellent choices? I normally use one of these two in my 2 cycle marine equipment with good results. Any thought on how many hours use before ash buildup would start to make starting hard and the the spark plug would need replaced if I used Mobil MX2T in the snowblower. This snowblower averages about 10 to 15 hours a season. Would once a year plug change keep the starting difficulties at bay with MX2T?

Thanks

Wayne

quote:

This snowblower averages about 10 to 15 hours a season. Would once a year plug change keep the starting difficulties at bay with MX2T?

I cant say for certain, but it takes quit a bit of time for me to notice the issue on my Toro snow commander. I use the thing almost daily though as I live in the Upper MI snowbelt.
I would just use the pennz stuff and not worry about it. I started using Phillips synjex and have had excellant results with it. Very clean burning and smoke free at 32:1.If you have a Phillips-Conoco dealer in your are it is a very high quality alternative.

Thanks for the information Gentlemen. I thinking the Mobil MX2T will get used unless I find the plug changing gets excessive.

Thanks again.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back