Old Weed Eater trimmer fuel line issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own an old, abused weed eater brand trimmer.

The model is Weed Eater GTI-15T. It's at least 5-8+ years old.

I accidentally stored it during the winter with fuel still in it, so the fuel line came apart when I tried to use it recently.

Where can I find a replacement, is it something I can do myself?

Where can I find gas trimmer fuel lines?

It says nothing in the manual.

Also does the unit have a fuel filter that is user replaceable?

Thanks.

If you look in your phone book and find a Lawn Mower Service Center that services Weadeater, they could order parts for you. Your owners manual may give you info on buying parts. As far as I know you would have a replaceable fuel filter. Your owners manual may even tell you to replace the fuel filter. All the products I have bought from Sears put that recommendation in the owners manual. As far as doing the work yourself, it is kinda up to you. I know I am going to replace a grommet and a fuel filter to my parents Echo weedeater. Never did it before, but don't think it will be a problem. One thing I do religiously is to remove the old gas from all of my power equipment, usually running the tank dry at the end of the season. Have never had a fuel related problem since adopting that policy. Good luck!
wink.gif

Woops, sorry about putting stuff about finding it in your manual. I have a small brain, can only hold so much at a time!
smile.gif

Not exactly the same thing but my chain saw gas line inside tha tank dissolved and coated the tank with black gunk some time ago. Guys at the shop said that two cycle and alcohol in gas was the culprit. Had a terrible time cleaning it out using rags and screwdriver to scrape it all off. That was years ago, haven't had it happen since.

I've replace 3 2-stroke fuel lines in the past month...

Bring a piece of the old line to a small-engine repair shop and they will give you the right size to replace it with. Fuel filter is in the tank, at the end of the fuel line. You'll have to fish it out. I had to replace one in a 25 year old chain saw, but the other two were still fine. The shop I went to did not have an exact replacement, but they gave me one that worked.

If yours is like all three of mine, the hose just feeds through the tank side with no grommets or other seals. I ended up slitting part of the line and then cutting the slit part in half, lengthwise, to be able to feed it to the fuel filler hole and pull the rest though. Of course I had way more line than I needed...

thanks for the help, i'll check out a repair place the next time i go home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back