2016 Dodge dart 2.4 Schaeffer's 0w20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I'd share my report with 5,000 miles. 16 Dart GT with the 2.4 tigershark, Schaeffer's 9000 0w20.

I picked up 2 cases of 5w30 and 2 cases of 0w20 from a local sales guy. After tax the total was $324, so I paid around 6.75 per quart. Figured for that price it was worth trying

I bought it January 2017 with 10,000 miles currently has 37,000. Its been great so far, not a single issue with it. Oil changes and just replaced the crappy factory tires last month

Originally Posted By: 07hemi
I bought it January 2017 with 10,000 miles currently has 37,000. Its been great so far, not a single issue with it. Oil changes and just replaced the crappy factory tires last month

Thats great! Thanks for the report.

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by Al
Allow me to tell you you are wasting good oil!!

I may well agree, but I'll give a nod to the possibility that he's going to learn from this UOA.

Possible:
If the intent is to methodically increase the OCIs, say 2.5k miles up each time, until some reasonable condemnation levels are approached, by using UOAs along the way and comparing/contrasting his info to macro data, then I'd say this is a good starting point.

Probable:
If the intent is to take the typical BITOG route, using syns for 5k miles, paying for UOA data and then promptly ignoring it, well ... then you'd be spot on right.

Reality:
He has warranty to contend with, if that's a concern to him. And if so, ditch the expensive lubes and just OCI with the OLM.

Last edited:
The 2.4's from Chrysler are excellent engines both in the Tigershark Variant and the one I had in my Journey. Consistently low wear rates when a quality lubricant is used. I had all 0's and 4ppm Iron on a 9,000 mile run with Amsoil.

The Schaeffers seems to be doing an excellent job!

Thanks for posting this report.
thumbsup2.gif

Yes i plan on doing another UOA at 7,000 miles. Just getting a base line here, also will check the TBN at 7,000

Originally Posted by 07hemi
Yes i plan on doing another UOA at 7,000 miles. Just getting a base line here, also will check the TBN at 7,000

Don't waste your money on TBN at 7k miles. There is ZERO (and I mean zip, nada, zilch) correlation between TBN and wear at such a low duration. TBN/TAN are certainly something to watch for in greatly extended OCIs. But 7k miles isn't even close to being worth looking at. I quit looking at TBN in UOAs under 15k miles because they simply show no connection whatsoever between wear, insolubles, crossover, etc.

What a awesome UOA! Always been a huge fan of Scaheffers oil. Currently running it and plan to post a UOA in the future.

Pretty steep price for the oil when so many comparable ones are available at multiple outlets. Getting up there with the Amsoils and redlines when any ole off the shelf synthetic from Walmart will do the job as well. But, that is your choice.

Interesting,I run Schaeffers and i buy my 5 GAL pails for 120$ which is 6$ a quart. My father runs there older formulation of diesel oil 10w-30 and its 100$ for 5 GAL pail which is only 5$ QT. Most redline and Amsoil i see is 9-13$ a QT.

I agree moparman12, I paid half the price of amsoil and redline. If people on here think im wasting money then oh well, everyone has there own opinion. Yes im paying more than what I can get most oils from Walmart for, but hey it's my car and my money.

Originally Posted by Spector
Pretty steep price for the oil when so many comparable ones are available at multiple outlets. Getting up there with the Amsoils and redlines when any ole off the shelf synthetic from Walmart will do the job as well. But, that is your choice.

lol.gif

I can tell you I'm not spending as much on Schaeffers as it would cost for Amsoil and Redline.

Why worry what people use their money for anyways!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back