Spark Plug - NGK

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to reply to my earlier post re: my Honda 5.5 OHC engine, but found the topic closed.

Anyway, I came across the recommendation that NGK spark plugs had a good reputation (I believe it was part BP6ES). Where can these be purchased?

Thanks again!
Ryan

Any store that carries NGK. Just about any good automotive store does carry NGK....but strangely I notice some of the cheesy chains such as Shucks (here in the PNW) don't carry some common NGK part numbers (such as BP6ES or BP7ES)....go to a NAPA, etc....

I agree that NGK is one of the best plugs and inexpensive to boot.

reemoe- www.NGK.com has decent prices. I know NGK or Denso plugs are hard to find in my area. Pretty much only specialty or speed shops have them ($$).
G/luck
Joel

You may use the resister plug. My Honda 5.5 OHC came with the BPR6ES plug. Both are recommended for this application as is the DENSO W20EP-U and W20EPR-U (resistor). Plug gap is 0.028-0.031 in. (0.07-0.8 mm).

A resistor plug suppress electrical impulses that would otherwise cause interference with audio/video and other devices. If you run a non-resistor plug near a radio you will likely hear popping as the plug fires. On a TV, you will see static.

I like sparkplugs.com. I ordered a bunch of NGKs from them. These were very rare plugs for 80s vintage Honda motorcycles and power equipment. They had every one when even some dealerships around here didn't have them.
smile.gif

--- Bror Jace

...Now for the air filter for this engine (5.5 HP Honda OTC). I couldn't find the exact part number listed in the manual. But at Lowe's the other day, I noticed an Arnold TAF-124 that looked to be about the right size. Can anyone confirm whether this is the correct replacement part?

Thank you,
Ryan

A simple Google search shows this filter is for a Tecumseh eng.
http://www.brandnametools.biz/lawn_and_garden/a/Air_Oil_Filters/_1274011.htm

As per spark plugs-
As often as they need to be replaced, it may be easier to just buy one at the Honda dealer and pay $.50 more for the convenience.
I change mine about once every 5 years on my 16 year old HR215SXA. It doesn't really need a new one, but I want to "read" the plug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back