ISO 150 compared to 30w nondetergent

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Honda pressure washer pump calls for either ISO 150 or 30w nondetergent oil. What is the difference? I thought the 150 was a 40 compressor oil. The fact that the 150 is hard to find I guess it would be safe to use the 30w ND. Any ideas on where I could get a quality 30w ND?

Thanks

Thanks, I never stop learning on this forum.
grin.gif

SAT is correct, a 30wt non detergent oil would be an ISO 100.

Tim carries the 30wt non detergent schaeffers for pumps and stuff as well. call on his toll free number and he can send you what ever you want.(800) 737-1747

I have a quart of this stuff coming for my pressure washer pump.

I didn't want to go to a parts store and buy any old 30 weight non-detergent oil because many of them are simply SA-grade mineral oil with no boundary level additives. That would not be good.
frown.gif

Since I was ordering a few things from Tim anyway, it just made sense to add this to the list.

Bob, do you have a Schaeffer "part number" for that ND 30 weight Schaeffer oil? Looking over their tech sheets section, I didn't see one.

--- Bror Jace

Hmmm ... is the difference between these two that one is a synthetic blend and the other has a pure mineral oil base??
confused.gif

--- Bror Jace

Changed the pump oil in our Coleman pressure washer today. I found a sheet saying that the pump's oil capacity is 4.7 ounces.

Well, I drained maybe 2 ounces of used oil out of the pump ... and it had more metal in it than I have ever seen in a used oil sample. Looked like a purple-grey metallic syrup.
freak2.gif

So, I'd definitely say it's broken in.
rolleyes.gif

I added about 5 ounces of Schaeffer #112HTC oil. I'll probably leave this in for a year or so and then change it again to get rid of the residual metal that's sure to still be in there.

I bought a quart of this oil and have enough left for at least 5 more changes.
dunno.gif

--- Bror Jace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back