Oil for yamaha SX230 Jet Boat

Status
Not open for further replies.
The boat is brand new. I changed the oil after the 1st ten hours. The saervice manual states "4 stroke motor oil : SE, SF,SG,SH, or SL". Says use 10W30, so I guess I should stick with this weight for warranty reasons.
It has 2 MR1 engines, both 140 HP. These engines redline at 11000 rpms. And they are made to run @ high rpm. So, being these are made to run at such high rpms, I know it is gonna be a bear on oil. What would you guys recommend?? I used Pennzoil Platinum for the first change. I want this boat to LAST.

'

If you want the best stuff regardless of price, I'd consider the new Amsoil 10w-30, four stroke Marine oil. It's "FC-W" (four cycle water) certified by the NMMA and is made for this type of service. The additive chemistry is made to resist shearing/foaming at very high rpms and contains extra rust inhibitors for off season storage.

A experienced Amsoil dealer I know in Texas has tested this stuff after 200 hours in a pair of 225 Hp outboards used in the Gulf and it's still in excellent condition. He thinks they can get at least 300 hours on the same oil and Eao filters....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back