Mobil 7500 5W-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting this as it confirms for the hundreth time that Na is an additive. XOM told me this as well so it's no surprise. George, where are you?

Drew,,,, i agree this Mobil oil has the weakest additive package of any oil i have looked at on this site. I am no expert but i would not use this stuff in my lawnmower.

quote:

I am no expert but i would not use this stuff in my lawnmower.

lol.gif

They're probably using other additives that are not showing up in the $20 spectro analysis that are providing the necessary anti-wear protection.

Blackstone Labs

Aluminum:0
Chromium:0
Iron:1
Copper:0
Lead:0
Tin:0
Molybdenum:82
Nickel:0
Manganese:0
Silver:0
Titanium:0
Potassium:0
Boron:52
Silicon:1
Sodium: 208
Calcium:1161
Magnesium: 4
Phosphorus:396
Zinc:438
Barium:0

TBN: ?
Viscosity:53.8
Flashpoint:SHORT
Fuel:-
Antifreeze:-
Water:0
Insolubles:0

Check out the UOA just posted for an Acura RSX with the same oil.

Zinc 734
Phos 687
Moly 132
Sodium 229
Calcium 1986

This is more like it. Blackstone must be having problems again. This concerns me since I just shipped them a sample of my 2.4L Accord's Mobil Clean 7500.

Something deffentely wrong with VOA and or UOA results. Numbers all over the place from many UOA & VOAs. I planned on using this oil in the future but, will wait until it get sorted out with many data points that agree. JMO

From Blackstone with 7,138 mi on oil

Zinc 667
Phos 618
Moly 110
Sodium 294
Calcium 1988

When you say the add pack is weak are you looking at all of the numbers? This oil has quite a bit of Sodium and Boron. I don't know exactly what Sodium and Boron do, but you cant just look at the amount of Zinc and Calcium and say the add pack is weak. You need to look at the complete picture.

It appears the Sodium Sulfonate detergent is being used to replace some of the Calcium detergent.

Boron is an AW additive.

The moly is used to pass the new engine sequence economy tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back