Zn 954

TBN 8.0

Visc SAE 40

Visc cSt 14.0 @ 100 degrees C

PQ 5

AntiFreeze Neg

Fuel Dilute Neg

Water Neg

The Valvoline "All-Climate" SL formulations all seem to be this way(leading to thier regular slamming here @ BiTOG). I wonder how the newer SM stuff stacks up?

To all the people asking why Valvoline gets critized on this board, take a look at this UOA. No Moly, No Boron and not enough Magneseum or Calcium to get worked up about.
sleeping.gif

"To all the people asking why Valvoline gets critized on this board, take a look at this UOA. No Moly, No Boron and not enough Magneseum or Calcium to get worked up about."

Word..and yet SuperTech which looks just as enemic gave good results
dunno.gif

I would not use All Climate. Maxlife is much better, but I think the weak zddp is characteristic of SL oils in general.

Quote "When is Valvoline ever gong to make ther All Climate worthy of BITOG praises.? "
Why would they change what the master technicians love?
grin.gif
Valvoline Marketing

#1 Choice of Top Mechanics
More ASE certified master technicians use Valvoline motor oil in their own cars, trucks, vans and suvs than any other brand of motor oil.

Amazing, I was just comparing this VOA to the VOA for Castrol Syntec 0W30 which, if I'm not mistaken, is German Castrol and noticed that the GC doesn't have any moly or boron either. In fact the only significant additive difference that I could see was the GC had more calcium. Take a look at the VOA's that Stinky Peterson posted last year and you'll see what I'm talking about. Yet, the GC and Valvoline AC both turn in good wear numbers on UOA's. Am I missing something here or is Valvoline just mindlessly bashed by some people here?

Everyone says that Valvoline is good, just that it is not good for extended drain intervals.
I wonder if All Climate is ok for 4-5k OCI's?

grbr95,
I really don't know. Perhaps someone else can chime in on that.
Anyone else know of Valvoline All Climat good enought for 4-5k oci's?

Do not underestimate Valvoline/Ashland oils capability in test and formulation. They have one of the finest engine tests stands/facilites in the US/ World.

I have criticized the companies conventional and durablend products from 6 or 7 years ago for cold weather start/pump issue we observed. Wear control has always been good. SM formulations are excellent. Durablend is a rock solid formula in SM spec.

Be careful guessing what is taking the place of the components that commonly understood organometallic elemental analysis discloses here.

Unless you KNOW the formula you must verify with used oil analysis or you are flying blind using more faith than I have as a devoted follower of C-H-R-I-S-T.

Cheers and enjoy using valvoline.

quote:

Anyone else know of Valvoline All Climat good enought for 4-5k oci's?

Why not? 4-5k isn't long. Being one of the evil AC users here, I have had no noticable problems running AC for months at a time in my "winter beater". The engine was still running fine when the body and chassis became swiss cheese. Valvoline 10w30 from 1976-2003. ~150k on the car. Engine never opened up. OCI's once or twice a year, wether it needed it or not. =-)

Alex.

This is about what I expected when I clicked on this thread.
dunno.gif

I look at the add-pack and like most feel this oil is kinda weak ... but as Terry points out, the numbers don't tell the whole story.

Still, I'll choose other brands. With Pennzoil and Chevron/Havoline looking so good, why switch to the more expensive All-Climate?
confused.gif

"[Valvoline is the] #1 Choice of Top Mechanics.
More ASE certified master technicians use Valvoline motor oil in their own cars, trucks, vans and suvs than any other brand of motor oil."

I'm not sure what this means ... it sounds like a sponsorship deal. Were they offered a group rebate or something?

Oh, and see the threads we have here about mechanics and motor oil.
rolleyes.gif

--- Bror Jace

Cutehumor,
You bet your a-s-s I reply to myeslf. If you are getting no responses. Use your brain, and you will see why I did that. Just a little cute humor.
smile.gif

Where I live Valvoline is priced competitively with Pennzoil, Quaker State and Castrol. It is more expensive than Cheveron/Havoline but, so are the other major brands. Is the situation different in different areas of the country?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back