Mobil 7500 5w-30 VOA update

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK just to be clear. George, what is the viscosity of this oil? Everyone is all worked up about Mobil's quality control, but now it seems like this oil is OK? As far as the Na mistery, there is no mystery to me. The UOA's consistantly have Na in them. Mobil says they put it in the oil. End of story.

I agree with Winston, VOAs and UOAs for Mobil consistently show Na ... no mystery here.

Bill, in your post that initiated this thread you provide a link to a VOA that also indicates Na in Mobil 7500 ... and as George admitted a mistake was made in testing the viscosity of this oil, I'm not sure why you're now dissatisfied with Mobil.

This oil is a 30 weight, we all know about the Na and have discussed it at length, and we consistently see great UOAs posted by Mobil users ... really no story here at all.

Mobil 5000 UOA Mobil 5000 UOA #2 Mobil 7500 UOA Mobil 7500 UOA #2

A sampling of the many UOAs accomplished on Mobil 5000 and Mobil 7500 oils ... all show high Na.

quote:

Bill, in your post that initiated this thread you provide a link to a VOA that also indicates Na in Mobil 7500 ... and as George admitted a mistake was made in testing the viscosity of this oil, I'm not sure why you're now dissatisfied with Mobil.

Well, When I posted the Dec 9th post, the sample was run and then run again and verified that the sample was 40wt.

After I posted my "I'm not happy with Mobil" a day later the Visc is ok now...
rolleyes.gif

I guess for me, when I change out my Mobil 7500 oil in the 2002 Silverado.. I'll spend the $$ and run a UOA on it and lets see what I get.

I was not going to run a UOA, but it's the only way I'd use up the rest of Mobil I have if it comes out ok.

If it comes out ok, then I'll use up the rest of it and then decide what to run in her truck. It's been on Mobil for the last 2 years.

I don't like Mobil 1 (I've run it now in 4 outfits and every one did better UOAs on Pennzoil or Castrol dino for the 4-5k I run OCI) but I do like Mobil 7500 and 5000 as I feel for the $$ (1.99 a quart for 7500 and .89 cents for 5000) it's a good oil.

Running $1.99 oil for 7500 miles is alot better than running $5 qt oil for the same.
grin.gif

I'll guess we will see...

Take care, Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Bill, what you are seeing in wear metals could be due to M1's higher detergency. Will keep more in suspension then a dino oil.

quote:

Bill, what you are seeing in wear metals could be due to M1's higher detergency. Will keep more in suspension then a dino oil.

offtopic.gif

This is interesting. Following this logic, HIGHER wear metals for an analysis is a good thing. I do not necessarily dissagree, but this puts an interesting twist on GC's results.

It also relates to everyones supposed happiness when seeing oil that comes out looking nice and clean vs. oil that comes out looking black.(over the same OCI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back