Mobil MX2T 2-Cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.
For fun, I had this analysed. Anything not listed is zero.
Iron 1
Boron 2
Sodium 3
Magnesium 2
Calcium 300
Phosphorus 27
Zinc 14
Visc=13.6cST
TBN=1.6

What they are not showing is an add component that is really the basis of their performance, but that which I am not at liberty to divulge.

Mola - you just have to tease us don't you.
grin.gif

Thanks for the UOA, where do you guys get this stuff, no auto parts stores or any places that sell 2 cycle oil seem to have this. I'd like to use it in my equipment that is around here as most people on here like it better than most other 2 cycle oils.

I get it at Autozone. Mobil has repackaged it as Racing 2T, but it's the same stuff. It's great for outdoor power equipment.

I have found the the MX2T outperforms most all of the $8.00 pint oils, and at only ~$3.75.

Very, very clean, as the power valves are far less gummed up than with any other 2T oil I've seen at breakdown.

Only two problems I've ever had, or heard others having with this oil is the color, which Mobil fixed with some dye..and the fluid tends to not protect the exposed crank (exposed inside the motor) seems to be seeing some surface oxidation in only short storage times. I've also heard other anecdotal claims to this problem.

I wonder if the higher level of calcium has always been in the MX2T, or perhaps that is an addition after the new packaging. Maybe there was a reformulation as well. If they did indeed up the calcium level in an attempt to lesson surface oxidation, then maybe I was correct in my analysis.

Are we certain that MX2T and the repackaged 2T are indeed the same fluids?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back