Quaker State 4X4 Synthetic Blend 5w-30 SM/GF4

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Basser:
Analysis by Knapp Chevrolet, Houston Texas.

MSDS to your link is from 2002. Outdated. New MSDS should be available for the SM formulation.

Oil is now in vehicle. 2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4X4, 4cyl. Will post a UOA. Friend at dealership runs analysis for me after hours.

So in general, can dealerships do oil analysis?

If they do, is it for warrenty claims?

In general - no - I think if you were to walk into a dealership with your oil sample, they would freak
gr_eek2.gif
freak2.gif

I could be wrong.

me too - Holy moley - Sb 226!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(funny thread - one guy says what the element is 3 posts later someone else asks what Sb is...too much talkin' and not enough listenin'
smile.gif

I think thats the perfect additive pack right there.

Could use a little more zinc and phos, but still not bad.

Too bad the base oil is a little weak.

Just goes to show that Shell is not neglecting its #2 brand (which they got when they bought Pennzoil). This looks to be a top notch oil based on the additives and the base oil blend.

Last time I checked this oil is alot more then <$2, probably twice as much as Motorcraft. So it's not directly comparable.

G-Man II -
You are right 5W30 Q 4X4 has a great package, passed corvette specs. I worked in a large GM dealership through the 90's. All they used was Quaker State 5W30 and 10W30. V 6 GM motors love this oil, many of them with over 200,000 miles and no sludge and very little wear. Vortec V8's run quiet on start up with QS. And the Q package is even better.
smile.gif

HIJACK..
Mentioned in Rebate/Special section. The 5-20 offering of this oil is at Big Lots for 1.99. The full synthetic is 2.09. Just got 40 of each this week.

Looks good. It would be interesting to send some to another lab from a different lot. Have not seen much of QS on here. Nice to see.

the 5w-20 at big lots is still sl variety. Much difference? going to buy some along with the pen pentane at advance for 2.09

I found this stuff at Biglots today. I didn't pick it up b/c I didn't know if it was a good price. It was also the older SL. Looking at this, though, it may be the perfect oil to thin out my 15W40 Castrol Tection Extra. Hilariously enough, I ended up buying a case of Penn Plat at Advance myself, dukered!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back