Complete Mobil 1 VOA Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to wwillison and Butler Labs.

-

I think the GF-4 M1 5w-30 is 12 now. I believe it was also 12 in the new 3MP study.

I think the new data sheet for M1 5w-30 did indicate 12cSt@100C if I remember correctly. Humm, might have to try the new M1 5w-30 out.
smile.gif

Viscosity: 63.1 cSt (63.1 mm²/sec ) at 40 °C | 11 cSt (11 mm²/sec) at 100°C

http://www.host1.exxonmobil.com/psims/psims.aspx

If you go here and type in "5w-30" without quotes, there are a couple M1 5w-30 listings.

MOBIL 1 5W-30
MOBIL 1 5W-30
MOBIL 1 5W-30 - MOPAR
MOBIL 1 5W-30 GM

If I remember from the last time I looked, there was one M1 5w-30 that was 12cSt, but perhaps something changed since then. Maybe Mobil is still tweaking their new oil lineup.
dunno.gif

[ April 18, 2005, 12:35 AM: Message edited by: Bobert ]

I think the P is pretty close, the Truck & SUV appears to be very similar to Delvac 5W40 and Cat DEO Syn 5W40. They all have values around 1200.

If I can find the bottle I'll double check to see what the viscosity is on the 5W30.

What kind of donuts are those anyway?
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by SSDude:
Most likely it is from Antimony.

SS - Do you mean as in an interference line? We just started running Sb last week and there doesn't seem to be a problem with interferences. We have had a number of samples with high Na readings and Sb is 0.

When I have a chance I'll rerun those oils with high sodium to see what happens.

I'm axious to see the new EP oils performance. That is a lot of Boron they are using. 280ppm.

That is the SJ M1. They havn't updated it to the GF-4/SM spec sheet yet. That could be why.

These numbers are all "Typical". I don't think you can hold the refinery to keep producing these exact numbers. I spoke to a guy at a refinery, and he said they can vary as much as +/-2 cst. As well as the temp it is taken.

quote:

Originally posted by Triple_Se7en:
Mobil-1 5W-30 Viscosity is listed at 12... much higher than 10W-30 or EP 5W-30/10W-30.

Is this a typo error?

This was a lab error, the viscosity is closer to 11 cSt (11.4 was the average of 8 runs on 8 different tubes). We found a bad tube on the viscometer that was causing the readings to be high. Needless to say changes have been made.

The sodium levels have been verified and are correct. There is no significant amount of antimony in these oils.

[ April 22, 2005, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: Stinky Peterson ]

IIRC, people for a long time have touted Delvac1 (aka M1 Truck and SUV) 5W-40 as having no Moly.

"But I read it on the internet!"

Guess it does have moly! Whadayaknow?
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back