Motorcraft 5W-30 Synthetic Blend SM GF-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is MC oil still blended and bottled by ConocoPhillips? If so, what is the considered opinion of the liklihood that Phillips 66 TropArtic, Kendall GT-1, 76, and Conoco synthetic blends are virtually the same animal as the MC syn-blend in equivalent viscosity grades? I noticed that Dollar Tree Stores is selling the Phillips 66 brand SM/GF-4 syn-blends in the 5W-20, 5W-30, and 10W-30 flavors. A buck-a-quart for what may be an all-Group III* based motor oil seems too good to ignore for unapologetic dino users.

*The MC MSDS states "Base oil severely refined: not carcinogenic in animal studies." on page 4 - this standard of purity strongly suggests Group III base stocks (though perhaps Group II+ base oils would also qualify).

[ May 21, 2005, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: Ray H ]

" A buck-a-quart for what may be an all-Group III* based motor oil seems too good to ignore for unapologetic dino users."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A big Amen there, Brudder.

quote:

I noticed that Dollar Tree Stores is selling the Phillips 66 brand SM/GF-4 syn-blends in the 5W-20, 5W-30, and 10W-30 flavors.

Really? Will you tell them to ship the 5W-30 cases my way?
wink.gif
I'll swap you for the 141 quarts of SM/GF-4 10W-30 I saw at two Dollar Trees last night. Heck, I'll even scope out the other DTs to see if we can make it an even 200!
shocked.gif

The only SM/GF-4 Synthetic Blend TropArtic I've been able to find at Dollar Tree is the 10W-30, and I thought that along with the 10W-40 dino was the extent of their selection.

Why are they sending the 5W-X stuff to an area with a warm climate in the winter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back