AutoTrend 5W30 and 10W30

Status
Not open for further replies.
 -

-

It did seem a little thin, but technically it is in range for a 30wt oil (9.3-12.4 cSt @ 100C).

For comparison I checked all the new 5W30 and 10W30 to see how they ran. Of 150 samples the average is 11.1, max is 12.2, and min is 9.6. Most of these are conventional oils.

Thank you Stinky!

The viiscosity cSt # is low for a full synthetic (10.5 & 10.8) -- in lets-say comparison to some dino-synthetic blends like Valvoline Durablend -- having a number near 14. Full synthetics should have better viscosity... this one doesn't.

I'll use my 1.5 cases remaining, but with lower 4-5K OCIs. This stuff was on sale for $2.29 & Citgo-produced. In this case, the price appears to fit a top-tier dino product.... quality below a synthetic blend -- quality way below a full synthetic.

[ March 25, 2005, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: Triple_Se7en ]

quote:

Originally posted by Triple_Se7en:
The viiscosity cSt # is low for a full synthetic (10.5 & 10.8) -- in lets-say comparison to some dino-synthetic blends like Valvoline Durablend -- having a number near 14. Full synthetics should have better viscosity... this one doesn't.

You may want to check your #'s again. Valvoline should be in a similar range for 5-30 and 10-30. Mobil 1 is around 10 cst., so not an indicator of quality at all.

This looks like decent stuff.

quote:

Originally posted by haley10:

quote:

Originally posted by Triple_Se7en:

You may want to check your #'s again. Valvoline should be in a similar range for 5-30 and 10-30. Mobil 1 is around 10 cst., so not an indicator of quality at all.

This looks like decent stuff. I bet it's good. We just don't know how the tbn will hold up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back