VOA Castrol GTX 10w-40 SM/GL-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
 -

I'm currently running this in my Forester XT so should have UOA on it in about 2.5 months.

Do they sell the additive pack seperately with this oil ?

or did the lab fail to test for unobtainium ?

not meaning too much levity, but the additives look really lame.

Yep, M1 EP is looking better all the time. Seems alot of the new GF-4 SM oils are looking weak on paper.

quote:

Originally posted by sully:
Yep, M1 EP is looking better all the time. Seems alot of the new GF-4 SM oils are looking weak on paper.

I agree. I hope Blackstone adds antimony to their testing. At least it will give us something to look at other than low add pack numbers.

Once again, proving MolaKule's prediction from a couple years ago, that we'll be seeing reduced "standard" adds as the market shifts towards other additives to meet new spec's.

...but doesn't it have to meet more rigorous tests for SM? That alone should be enough to get the nod over the SL versions, despite the indicated add levels. I guess non-starburst SL 10w-40 would be better??? Nah.

While the add pack looks diminished, I'm betting the oil will do a fine job in the Suburau.

The Suburau engine seems really easy to please, and I've yet to see a bad UOA on any oil.

Valvoline used to get lambasted (guilty as charged
blush.gif
) for a less than stellar add pack--but the Valvoline UOA's tend to look just as good as the rest...

Dan

IF these results are corect, i would not use this junk in my lawnmower. Look how the cal. zinc and phos levels are,dont expect great protection from this oil . Havoline 1.28 quart at Advance Auto Castrol 2.38 quart witch one would you buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back