Mobil 1 5W-30 Extended Performance VOA (Blackstone Labs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ACEA A1/A5, B1/B5; API SL/CF

-

I think their is a Lab error. Looks like a GF-4 oil. Have then re-run this. Boron is 120ppm to low and ZDDP is aboue 150ppm to low and Ca is about 1,100 ppm too low.

It's definitely NOT M1 EP. Look at the P...it's below 600. No way. Once again, I think Blkstone labs has made an error.
nono.gif

{flame suit on...}

I hate to take on a site sponsor, but... I've personally sent Blackstone multiple samples in two separate packages over the last two weeks, and the analysis results change repeatedly. You can see my current 5W-20 roundup post in this forum for some of the details.

ToyotaNSaturn has had the same problem, and these results appear to show similar lab behavior. I mean, based upon Blackstone's analysis and the results posted on this forum, Johnny has Pennzoil looking at their product that ToyotaNSaturn had analyzed. Maybe there is nothing wrong with that quart of Pennzoil, other than a faulty lab analysis.

Exactly what is the repeatability rate (i.e., known probability of error) in Blackstone's lab results? It seems to me that because they send us what appear to be hard, objective numbers that we (OK, at least I do
grin.gif
) tend to take the results as gospel. However, given what has happened to me over the last two weeks, I think I can assume probable error rates approaching 100% to the values provided in any analysis. Ultimately, I am becoming skeptical that the analyses that I have been getting are actually providing any real evidence of anything useful.
frown.gif

It sure makes a difference in how you view your UOA or VOA if you consider that a lab may be throwing numbers back to you that are potentially way off from reality.

quote:

I hate to take on a site sponsor, but... I've personally sent Blackstone multiple samples in two separate packages over the last two weeks, and the analysis results change repeatedly. You can see my current 5W-20 roundup post in this forum for some of the details.

I like Blackstone Labs and the people there, but maybe someone can say something about this bc they clearly havn't been as reliable as before.
frown.gif

This is ABSOLUTELY NOT M1 EP. It's GF-4 Mobil 1.

Before we go acusing Blackstone I would think we need another analysis of the same quart of oil. My guess is Mobil 1 may have startup problems with all the new varieties and oil is mislabeled. Sure would be nice to know for sure.

Don't be too quick to condemn the lab, ask them to rerun the sample to verify the results. Random errors can and do occur and that's why it's always wise to verify the results before taking action. There may be a perfectly good explanation for what appears to be an error.

As a lab manager I would much rather have someone contact me and question my results or methods than to run to another lab and come back and say "so and so got this value, how come yours are wrong?" To me that's always been a bit of an insult.

Stinky

Thanks Vetteman.

cheers.gif

Boron - 275
Calcium- 3,000
P- 950
zinc 1,000

This seems to be the avg. of the new M1 EP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back