M1 10W-30 Extended Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

The SM/GF-4 doesn't look like $5 a quart oil to me...

Me either. What Mobil seems to be doing is slick
grin.gif
on their part. I still think the EP oil at $5-$6qt is a great buy. With shipping, your not getting any more with any other brand other then Molkules IMO. Schaeffers is actually probably one of the best bangs for you buck. Until Amsoil reformulates, Mobil has the edge right NOW. RL/RP will remain popular among racing. It's too hard to compete with Mobil. Just doesn't pay for them to try.

Somebody asked about the Clean 5000. This is their regular dino oil. Clean 7500 is their synth mix and Mobil 1 Extended Performance is their 100% synthetic just like the previous Mobil 1

quote:

Originally posted by TR3-2001SE:
Checked a bottle of this today. It is SL GF-3 not SM/GF-4. The regular Mobil 1 was SM/GF-4. Why a new oil without the new rating???

It's set up for protection not ratings unlike GF-4.

Guys, remember M1 did not just play with the additive package they also beefed up the base stock!!! They increased the amount of the "Super Syn" base stock by 50%! The base stock is what is really going to make this oil shine! I am preety sure we are in for a treat when UOA starts rolling in. I just hope people run it close to the same OCI as their last oil so we can see the improvment!!

The Stratus has M1 5W-30 EP in the sump. It seems to run great, with less engine clatter during very cold startups. I like it. When you say the basestocks are beefed up, does that mean some Group V?

Maybe the M1 EP is formulated similar to the 'brews' some have created-4qts M1 + 1qt Redline. Maybe the UOA's will resemble!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back