Calcium 1892ppm
Magnesium 8ppm
Phosphorus 717ppm
Zinc 862ppm
Barium 0ppm
Viscosity SUS@210F 60.5
Flashpoint 425F
Insolubles 0.0

Thank you very much for this VOA. I have been curious about this oil. I know that VOA's sometime do not show much but it does not seem that there is anything to brag about here.
frown.gif

quote:

Originally posted by mikeyoilnutt:
Test was done by Blackstone Labs.
Aluminum 1ppm
Chromium 0ppm
Iron 1ppm
Copper 0ppm
Lead 0ppm
Tin 0ppm
Molybdenum 18ppm (just a touch)
Nickel 0ppm
Manganese 0ppm
Silver 0ppm
Titanium 0ppm
Potassium 0ppm
Boron 0ppm
Silicon 3ppm
Sodium 1ppm
Calcium 1892ppm
Magnesium 8ppm
Phosphorus 717ppm
Zinc 862ppm
Barium 0ppm
Viscosity SUS@210F 60.5
Flashpoint 425F
Insolubles 0.0

I have been told, and thought as well, that this was the same oil packaged under the Kendall GT-1 synthetic label.

I compared this VOA to the one I submitted on 12/27/04, and there are some differences. Although the visible add package is composed of the same things, the Kendall posts higher results in calcium, zinc, phosphorous, and magnesium.

Flash point and vis are lower on the 76, too. The Kendall also seems to be over 2 bucks a quart cheaper.

Weird.....

dunno.gif

Bob W.

Wow, $7.62 a quart.
gr_eek2.gif
Mobil 1 is a steal compared to this 76 synthetic. Looks like this formula is ready for SM without changing much. I guess there is no sense in searching for 76 5w-40 synthetic at that price.
dunno.gif

[ January 07, 2005, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: Bobert ]

quote:

Originally posted by Bobert:

I guess there is no sense in searching for 76 5w-40 synthetic at that price.
dunno.gif

Not at that price but for the going rate of under 5 bucks a quart it's pretty good stuff like the Kendall 5w-40 is .

Kendall 10w-30 dino VOA

which makes me want to ask ........

Mikey ,

Are you certain that was a bottle had the word synthetic on it ?
tongue.gif

[ January 07, 2005, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: Motorbike ]

In SJ (the last was produced in Autumn 2001) the Flash Point was more impressive - 480 F. In its new PDS for SL Unocal already did not mention PAO and Ester as a base stock, but just PAO. Seems that its Truck Synthetic 10W-30 and High Performance Synthetic 20W-50 remained unchanged.

Motorbike, not only does the bottle state that it is a synthetic, but states: High Performance Full Synthetic Motor Oil. It also states that 76 Lubricant is c/o of Conoco Phillips. The bottle also looks exactly like the Kendall Elite Synthetic bottle, but it is black in color and not gold like the Elite bottle. mikeyoilnutt

quote:

Originally posted by mikeyoilnutt:
Motorbike, not only does the bottle state that it is a synthetic, but states: High Performance Full Synthetic Motor Oil. It also states that 76 Lubricant is c/o of Conoco Phillips. The bottle also looks exactly like the Kendall Elite Synthetic bottle, but it is black in color and not gold like the Elite bottle. mikeyoilnutt

Thanks for the reply .

I try to keep somewhat adult
tongue.gif
about all this oil stuff and do wonder if it was mislabeled but........

If that's their hi-end synthetic , those particular been counters just got nabbed IMO
tongue.gif

For comparison here's Conoco's SJ labeled 10w-30 Syncon , the last PAO/Diester PCMO oil they made . There's some depletion as this was ran hard in my Miata for 1600 miles . I always thought it was mislabeled in terms of API spec though and also thought the bean counters were at work .

The Sinclair Synthetic that looks pretty dang good to start with looks even better now .

Boron 18
Magnesium 64
Calcium 2249
Phos 884
Zinc 894

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back