Sinclair 10w-30 PAO Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the Dyno-Tech Supreme . API SL and 37 bucks for a case of 12 quarts .

I want to thank Mark @ Butler Machinery Co. Cat SOS Lab for this analysis
cheers.gif

Boron 67
Magnesium 657
Calcium 964
Phos 810
Zinc 913
Vi @ 100c 10.3

I'd not underestimate oils built like this
nono.gif
smile.gif

http://www.sinclairoil.com/product_data_sheets/index.htm

The 5w-40 Synthetic is 39.00 per case of twelve quarts . I have some on the way and will post an analysis of it later .

Lots of Magnesium, No moly and less Calcium. Definately different then most other oils discussed on here.

-T

hmmm... wasnt aware that sinclair existed anymore. Thought they were taken over long ago...

Neat!

Id love to see some tests and see how this oil holds up.

JMH

It looks like they are using Borated Esters as anti-wear and Overbased Magnesium as well in a dual purpose role .

R.T. Vanderbilt speaks keenly about the anti-wear capability of their Borated products all the while further reducing sulfur from the finished product . The sulfur that comes in some moly's .

I don't think this oil is cheap junk
wink.gif

The Sinclair name is a blast from the past. When I was growing up in central NJ in the EARLY 60's there was a Sinclair station with the green(I think it was?) dinosaur on the sign. And right across the street was a "Flying A" gas station. Oh Lord, I'm dating myself now
rolleyes.gif

Whimsey

quote:

Originally posted by Motorbike:
It looks like they are using Borated Esters as anti-wear and Overbased Magnesium as well in a dual purpose role .

I had a VOA done on some Kendall and Blackstone reported the boron as "detergent/dispersant additive".

Does boron have another role?

Thanx

Bob W.

Bob , some even consider certain Boron's as extreme pressure additives . LuBoron can be googled and R.T. Vanderbilt speaks of it as anti-wear and at their website they have some test results of their boron vs zddp using I think the Falex Pin and Vee test .

Here we go . At the bottom of the chart you can click " view the results " which is only pics . Most of the info's on the first page .

http://www.rtvanderbilt.com/news_19.htm

Cruise that sight for a goodly amount of info .

[ January 06, 2005, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: Motorbike ]

I forgot to add that the Delo gear oil uses some type of borated additive as a extreme pressure component with a trade mark name and when it first came out the Timken load rating was 75 vs 55 or so for other 80w-90 dino gear lubes using just sulfur adds at the time .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back