M1 5w30/Redline 5w30 (3-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
VOA of what is in my son's Sentra at the moment. 3 to 1 mix of M1 5w30 and Redline 5w30.

Silicon 8.2
Potassium 11
Iron 1.2
Nickel 0.0
Chromium 0.2
Titanium 0.1
Copper 0.1
Aluminum 5.7
Tin 0.0
Lead 0.5
Silver 0.0

Boron 134
Barium 0.6
Calcium 2546
Magnesium 12
Molybdenum 213
Sodium 9.3
Phosphorus 842
Sulfur 2945
Zinc 924

Visc@40°C 56.52
Visc@100°C 10.24
TAN 2.00
TBN 11

Pedro

Looks good... thin, but good.

Are you worried about the pssibility of additive clash?

JMH

Interesting .

But if in need of a high end oil at 5 bucks a quart why not the Synergyn ? It's fully formulated and not beating to the drum of the API and low phos . No chance of clash , low TBN at 3-4k ect .

It's all about price vs performance and will take one major reinvention of the wheel to outrun the Synergyn in cost vs performance .

If and or when that wheel is reinvented I would assume it will come at a cost of far more than 5 bucks a quart and even if it does well ..... we need better engines built for us to take advantage of this new wheel .

The end
grin.gif

Curtis, we are able to get Synergyn at O'Reillys for nearly $7 a qt. Where are you getting it for $5 a qt ?

I agree the oils that I raced and used when sponsored before the bankruptcy of Dyson Oil were cutting edge and exceptionally well made oils.

Terry

quote:

Originally posted by Terry:
Curtis, we are able to get Synergyn at O'Reillys for nearly $7 a qt. Where are you getting it for $5 a qt ?

I just buy it from the synergynracing dot company store in the pail for $102.20 shipped . No special deals from them to me or anything . The price on the website includes shipping .

Now the 12 quart cases are a bit higher . I remember it to be 5.85 per quart shipped but slept since then .

Since I use it in near everything a pail is no biggie . I just pour it into Mobil 5 quart jugs I've saved plus I get a free recycle container
smile.gif

Curtis, Thanks for the info. I will aim customers to that source. Is the pail 5 gallons ? The 3w-30 is a great oil.

I still have some pails of their 0w-75 gear lubes in the shop.

Terry

Maybe I'll follow the lead and do a couple of 3.5/1 mix of Exxon Superflo and Synergyn for my ZX3; that should take care of my 2 quarts 0w20 Synergyn left over. I don't really worry about additive clash as IMO it is overblown.

I'm not much for mixing but I have two quarts of the Synergyn 20wt left also and I will be mixing it with that crazy studly Motorcraft 15w-40 low sulphated ash additive pack when it warms up in about 5 months
grin.gif

My comment about brewing two high end oils was aimed at questioning the why's of it when there are alternatives about in one proven package .

Just conversation is all though .

Mix away !
smile.gif

I thank Motorbike for putting these other oils out their that are really good but not heard of often. I will be running the 3w-30 Synergyn in the Hemi after I use up my supply of Amsoil. I spoke with a guy in New Brunswick NJ that sells it.

I believe he said it's around $5.80 to $6.00 a qt. The Amsoil TSO is much too pricey for what your getting and I'm not liking the thickenning I continuously see with Amsoil, although I don't think it is a problem. But for what Amsoil charges, their oils really should be doing a bit better of a job IMO.

So I'm going to give the Synergyn 3w-30 a shot. It does have a higher % of esters I believe. The guy told me that some people experience blue smoke when they first run it and Synergyn's chemists told the sales distributors that it was the Esters cleaning up residual. Those weren't his exact words but it was something to that effect. It also has a high dose of P/Zinc. Formulated closely to Mobil 1 based on the VOA's I've seen here only higher doses of anti-wear additives. It can be bought by the 12qt case BTW.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back