VALVOLINE SYNPOWER OIL TREATMENT from Blackstone Labs

Status
Not open for further replies.
This the Valvoline Synpower Oil Treatment that comes in the 15oz bottle.

Aluminum 0
Chromium 0
Iron 2
Copper 1
Lead 0
Tin 0
Molybdenum 3481
Nickel 0
Manganese 0
Silver 0
Titanium 0
Potassium 0
Boron 1367
Silicon 33
Sodium 60
Calcium 1719
Magnesium 2718
Phosphorus 2109
Zinc 2626
Barium 0

SUS Viscosity @ 210F 188.8
Flashpoint 345F
TBN 16.1

This is loaded with additives and thick as a brick. Im using it now at 1 oz per quart and will have a UOA in a few months.

WOW,look at those additives
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
!

Thanks for the VOA,I was looking to buy some yesterday but Pep Idiots were fresh out
mad.gif

quote:

Originally posted by BlueBird:
This is loaded with additives and thick as a brick. Im using it now at 1 oz per quart and will have a UOA in a few months.

No wonder they recommended to put the thing in a warm/hot running motor.

I use LC or Neutra to dilute the stuff and add no more than 1oz/quart as well.

Thats just excellent !

All these engine that seal well need for a somewhat extended drain is a spike of dispersant and some TBN .

Both of those are in this additive , priced right as well
patriot.gif

1 ounce per quart for starters

Sure looks different than my VOA
cool.gif

Do they recomend using the whole bottle? Even at 1oz per quart that would give a non-moly oil 100ppm. Looks like a good addative topoff, what is the base oil made of, Group III or Group IV? Does it have any VII like STP?

If you guys plan on using this might I suggest getting a UOA done and having Terry review it. It's a pretty good investment and money well spent.
smile.gif

How much does this stuff cost? Might be a good add for the new GF-4 oils that have lower additives but better base oils. It would give you the best of both worlds.

To clarify, this is the SynPower Oil Treatment in the kinda silver 15 oz bottle, as opposed to the SynPower Engine Treatment in the kinda silver 32 oz bottle, correct?

What's the useage ration? 1oz per qt of oil? Do you dump the whole bottle in the crankcase? Seems awfully thick to be added to anything...

Good goly miss Moly, this is not your father's STP!
worshippy.gif
I knew this stuff was potent, but not this potent.
gr_stretch.gif
Not bad for an OTC oil additive for about 4 bucks a bottle. I might cut my treatment to a third of a bottle or maybe even one quarter, rather than half a bottle.
cool.gif
My GC is a good 40 weight for sure. Did I mention how nice cold starts are with this stuff?
cheers.gif

It's a dark golden brown, darker than M1 15w-50. Nice and slippery between the fingers.
burnout.gif

I've been putting in half a bottle of the MaxLife oil treatment in with each oil change I do, but I think I'll switch to the synpower treatment. Those are some nice looking numbers in that VOA. Also, I'm waiting on a used oil sample to come back. I put on 4k miles on 4 quarts of Valvoline Synpower (free oil) along with 15 ounces of the Maxlife oil treatment. I'll post the results when I get them (hopefully this weeek).
patriot.gif

quote:

Originally posted by BlueBird:
If you guys plan on using this might I suggest getting a UOA done and having Terry review it. It's a pretty good investment and money well spent.
smile.gif

I already have a VOA of Mystik oil and a UOA with an ounce per quart here in the two sections many months ago .

It bumped the TBN a bit w/o thickening the oil .More TBN at 2200 miles than the new oil started with

The analysis was ugly in the lead department because the engine was suffering from too much ignition timing . It hs since been corrected .

Search my number for both to see how much it raised additives at treat rate of 4-5 ounces added to 5 quarts of Mystik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back