Calcium 498ppm
Magnesium 1500ppm
Phosphorus 1127ppm
Zinc 1479ppm
Barium 0ppm
Flashpoint 400F
Viscosity SUS@210F 66.4
Insolubles 0.0

Must be depending on the magnesium as the major detergent/dispersant.
dunno.gif

Very thick 30 weight.

Patman, yes that is correct calcium reading. I thought the same thing but figured that is why they are using so much magnesium. mikeyoilnutt

Neil Womack, I am going to run this in a 2000 Dodge gasoline 4.7L engine. I believe in the robust additive package that fleet oils offer and I think it is a bunch of misleading info about catalytic contamination. I am also interestested in finding independent oil lubricating companies who are not part of a greedy big oil company, ripping everybody off (my opinion only) and are more willing to make a quality lubricant while not trying only to impress shareholders. I can run the 15W-40 version also cause it hardly ever get's below 40 degrees F where I live. mikeyoilnutt

Mikey,

I've noticed you have posted quite a few VOAs of various oil. In fact, I decided to use Motorcraft 15W-40 based on the VOA you did on it. I don't think the great service you've given this board has been very apreciated.
Motorbike is another guy who's posted numerous VOAs of different oils.
All I wanna say to you two is THANK YOU!
I would also like to say "Keep up the good work", but that wouldn't be fair!
wink.gif

Thanks a lot Mikey and MB!

I did an analysis of the LE-607 90w and posted it on s2ki.com, and it has proven to be very popular for the highly stressed S2000 differential.

LE 8130 has some of the best TFOUT results I have ever seen. Also consider that it is an SH-rated oil, which explains the high ZDP levels.

As I recall, it is about 30% highly refined GII mid-continent parafinnic, and about 70% PAO. Based on LE's testing, the GII allows the additive pack to become effective at a lower temperature. At the price point they sell the product (about $4.75), they certainly could have gone to a full pAO apart from the carrier and perhaps some ester to deal with seals, but chose not to for bona fide eng'g reasons. Summing it all up, this is the oil I sue to keep my 8000+ RPM-capable S2000 happy and healthy.

Regarding the "poisoning" of the cat by an SH-rated oil high in ZDP. LE's opinion is that this is only an issue of oils are changed more frequently than needed or recommended by them. The light oil factions in the additive carrier are volatile, and can get into the cats. That of course is true of any SM-rated oil as well, although the relative levels of ZDP are lower. But 2 or 3 oil changes vs 1 for the LE product result in equivalent amount of phosphorousin the cats. LE may well develop an SL or SM oil, but likely not until they are convinced that the lower levels of traditional and well-documented AW components have met their functional equivalents in new additive tech, including the promising amines. For my money, having to replace a cat is much less costly than rebuulding an exotic and high strung little terror of an I-4. (With plenty of F1 trickle down, including carbon fiber reinforced cylinder walls). My 2 cents.

quote:

Originally posted by mikeyoilnutt:
Patman, yes that is correct calcium reading. I thought the same thing but figured that is why they are using so much magnesium. mikeyoilnutt

Mike - is the high boron part of their AW/AF add pack? And doesn't LE use some proprietary chemistry ("Monolec") which may not get reported by most labs?

RE: the low calcium - seems that magnesium is high - likely they use that as part of the pH buffering. (Maalox vs. Tums).

Road Rage, Yes they do use their own additive called Monelec and I am not sure if it shows up on a typical spectro analysis. Maybe some of the other oil gurus on this sight can give some insight on this. Kinda like how Royal Purple has their Synerlec additive, Dyson Oil has their Synergyn additive wonder if any of those additive packages show up also. mikeyoilnutt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back