Mobil 1R 0w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voa of M1R 0w30 which is what I am currently running for a UOA at around 6K miles. Wearcheck performed the analysis.

Iron 1.5
Aluminum 3.1
Barium 0
Lead 0.6
Chromium 0.1
Titanium 0.2
Copper 0
Tin 0
Silver 0
Boron 274
Magnesium 24
Moly 104
Potasium 0
Sodium 7.6
Calcium 4160
Phosphorus 2114
Sulfur 4894
Zinc 2333

Vis@40C 57.95
Vis@100C 10.70

VI Index 177
TBN 11.00

Pedro

[ October 07, 2004, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: pruizgarcia ]

Your right it's not. Which lab do we trust?
rolleyes.gif
I'd like to see another VOA. This oil is loaded with additives.

I agree. Don't know what's up with the difference in VOA's. Will probably have to get a second sample tested from another lab.

Pedro

quote:

Will probably have to get a second sample tested from another lab.

That would be great if you could. I'm not sure whats going on with that. I like your's better though. It's loaded with Calcium, more Moly and boron.

Buster: Where did you get your results from? I will probably send them a sample.

Pedro

[ October 07, 2004, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: pruizgarcia ]

I just double checked the sulfur numbers to make sure I didn't screw it up, but that is the correct number.

So far after about 450 miles, I like this oil. Smooth idle, engine revs freely and seems to go when stepped on. No oil consumption so far. Will see how it holds over the long run. If I can get 7.5k miles out of this run, I would be happy.

Pedro

[ October 08, 2004, 07:48 AM: Message edited by: pruizgarcia ]

Sulfur can eminate from many sources, but the most likely sources are the ZDDP of course, and sulferized isobutylenes or sulfurized oleates (sulferized esters) are sources as well.

The latter two are friction modifiers and AW adds. ZDDP of course is an Anti-Wear additive and an antioxidant.

Looks like they made a formulation change.

I haven't been keeping up as well as I should have (puh-lease....don't shoot me) but what is stopping someone from using this oil like you would M1 5W-30? And keeping the OCI's??? I remember something about it not holding well past 3K? Someone enlighten me because this stuff looks great!!!!

Cost and availability. It's just not necessary IMO unless you beat the **** out of your car and or have a high performance application that calls for it.
smile.gif

This and the Synergyn 30wts might just be the best two 30wts on the market.

I agree. Going to try the Syn LTS 0w30 in my wife's Mitsu Eclipse ES 4-banger. She drives that Mitsu like she was in a police chase and finally found a dealer in the area that will even deliver the stuff to my home.

Pedro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back