Synergyn 5w-30 Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the VOA on the 5w-30 Synergyn. The oil was a little thinner than the specs indicate -- 12.3cSt vs. 11.9cSt@100C. This oil would give German Castrol a run for its money.
tongue.gif
Plus the Synergyn 5w-30 has moly and boron, which GC doesn't have.

Looks like a very well built oil. It appears that Calcium, Boron and Moly are all being used by most oil makers right now and that this is a great combination at the moment. Looks like a boosted Mobil 1 based on additives being used. Can the 5w-30 be used in street vehicles and is it a PAO/Ester based oil? Thanks for the VOA. Is it available in qts.?
cheers.gif

[ April 03, 2004, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

This sample came out of my 5 gallon pail " $ 4.70 per quart " .

Moly 112
Boron 113
Magnesium 14
Calcium 3161
Zinc 1633
Phos 1482
Silicone 8
TBN 11.76

vi @ 40c 70.4
vi @ 100c 11.9
vi index 166

Here is the 3w-30 Synergyn for comparison . The same TBN method / same lab .

Moly 116
Boron 153
Magnesium 15
Calcium 3687
Phosphorus 1608
Zinc 1701
Silicone 8

Vi 40c 72.4
Vi 100c 11.3
VI Index 148
TAN 2.63
TBN 9.74

Here's the data ect for both oils .

Synergyn

[ April 03, 2004, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: Motorbike ]

Might have to give this stuff a shot. My car doesn't deserve an oil like this but I'd like to try it anyway.

I am right in the middle of a test run with the Synergyn 0W20 in my company car. I plan on sending in a VOA and UOA when done. Sure helped with the mileage in the Taurus.

4,000 down and 6,000 to go.

Wow. Looky, looky here......this oil has the "stuff." I'm digging it. May have to give this stuff a try in the future.

Durant Oklahoma? No kidding? It's about a 2.5 hour drive for me but I got some Lake Texoma property that I frequent in the summers. It's about 20 minutes from there. Hmmmmm, may have to check into that if this stuff keeps posting great analysis. No info on the HTHS though, I even checked the webpage. This stuff doesn't have too much esters in it where it will start causing seal leaks, does it?

[ April 14, 2004, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: Schmoe ]

The thing about these oils is during the first run ever it is spent a little early while doing some cleaning as witnessed by visual inspection .

It will sure knock that light grey additive pack off that another synlube lays on the top of a cylinder head .

Second interval has been better for me in three separate automobile engines now and I like them clean ....almost as much as Buster does
smile.gif

I'm not likely to change to another brand until the wheel gets re-invented
patriot.gif

I had just ordered 2 cases of 5w30 when I read this thread. I was hoping it would be a little thicker than it shows here. I emailed them and changed my order to the 3w30 for the small amount of extra adds.

What?? I'm lost. The 5W-30 is thicker at 100C, but not at 40C. I'd rather have it a little thicker at higher temperatures than the lower temperatures. What did those two cases cost you?

quote:

Originally posted by Schmoe:
What?? I'm lost. The 5W-30 is thicker at 100C, but not at 40C. I'd rather have it a little thicker at higher temperatures than the lower temperatures. What did those two cases cost you?

I wanted the 5-30 to be a little more clearly thicker, like their specs suggest:

quote:

Bobert: Thanks for the VOA on the 5w-30 Synergyn. The oil was a little thinner than the specs indicate -- 12.3cSt vs. 11.9cSt@100C

Also the additional adds tempted me since their vis's are so similar - and at the same price.

Check their prices at :

Links are allowed, but not to a Price List.

Sorry, if you would like to find out more about this oil click here

[ May 15, 2004, 01:39 AM: Message edited by: Santo Fontana ]

It cost me 6.34 a quart shipped.

Maybe I shoulda got a pail like Motorbike.

Just noticed the higher tbn for the 5w, oh well I guess its a toss up.

[ May 15, 2004, 02:49 AM: Message edited by: Santo Fontana ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back