VOA Mercruiser 25W40

Status
Not open for further replies.
ANA Labs (http://www.analaboratories.com)

Moly Mag 1063
Calcium 422
Phos 1362
Zinc 1546

Titanium Silver Copper Lead Tin Aluminum Nickel Iron 2
Chrom Sodium Boron 196
Silicon 7
SAE/ISO Grade 2540
TBN 6.50
VIS @ 100C Cst 15.14

=======================================

Your comments please.

How would you stack this oil up against a straight dino 40 weight HD oil or a 15W40 Diesel dino such as Delo, Delvac, or Rotella?

I currently have this oil in my boat as I winterized last fall. Will probably run for 30 hours and do an UOA.

Grease

Man that buddy is loaded up .... might make a good motorcycle oil too
smile.gif

Thanks for the post
cheers.gif

Except for the Boron it doesn't look that fantastic.

Looks more like an HDEO add package but base oil is a more narrow viscosity range.

With the mag and boron the potential for a clean engine is there saying if ran on this oil from new but surprised the TBN is not up there even with the calcium dropped .

Does this depict the quality of the additives used ?

The Mystik 5w-30 has near the amount of boron M1 SS has but low TBN . Guessing esterfied additives at work with the M1 ?

BTW , that Mercruiser oil comes at a high price last I saw .

If I had an inboard stern drive ski boat I'd likey choose another oil than this one but still not an HD Diesel type unless it was Delvac 1 or Amsoil 15w-40 . There is lotsa good lubes for the ski boats
smile.gif

Molakule, thanks for your time to comment!
worshippy.gif
bowdown.gif
I am preparing a comparison table of all the VOA dino HDEO's from past posts so I can see the numbers in one view. I will post that soon. I will also include synthetics that would be good candidates for boat (inboard / sterndrive) use.

Motorbike, It is about $3 a quart and $10-12 a gallon. Yes, I feel it is a bit pricey.

I was very surprised to see the TBN that low. Especially for an oil that is meant to be left in an engine over the winter (some people change in the spring).

[ April 01, 2004, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: Grease is the word ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back