Virgin Amsoil 10w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well since you introduced intelligience into this quagmire I'll ask why you don't see the relevence in the differences in the additive packs along with the viscosity difference in all the links I posted to help get to the bottom of this ?
wink.gif

I'll ask you now to look at the differences THEN defend your position , it don't take a self proclaimed rocket scientist to note the major differences in the oils I linked..one just has to actually click the mouse and note on paper to compare if he/she can't remember from one page to another
rolleyes.gif

I really can't believe others don't see what i'm speaking of here but you ...... I can
tongue.gif

It's all right there in black and white print unless analysis both typical and used elemental is useless now all the sudden .

No hard feelings from me though , I'm getting used to you and enjoy your company here at BITOG
smile.gif

Amsoil reformulates their oils about every 12 months, so these results simply came from different formulation lots ....What possible reason could I have for making this up??? The two AMO results you posted were for the previous add pack ...the analysis at the top of this thread is the current add pack.I'd bet the current add pack for the 20w-50 looks very similar as well ....

The website is not very good - if you want up to date information, please give me a call. BTW, I just like to give folks a hard time, if you haven't noticed. I wouldn't take any of it personally ....

Ted K,
Dixie Synthetics
(256) 681-3950, cell
(256) 882-0768, home

[ January 10, 2004, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: TooSlick ]

The Manufacturers Safety Data Sheets, ie MSDS - posted for both AMO and AMF on 12/2/03 - show the following physical properties:

FP, +453F
PP, -55F
VI, 174

Vis @ 100C, 14.93 Cst
Vis @ 40C, 90.5 Cst

This was followed up with a phone call to confirm that AMO and AMF are indeed the same SL/CI-4 and JASO MA chemistry.
rolleyes.gif

quote:

Originally posted by TooSlick:

The Series 3000, 5w-30, the 10w-40, 15w-40 and 20w-50 High Performance formulations use a similar add pack and no friction modifier - that's why they are all "JASO MA" rated, for use in wet clutch motorcycles ...

Ted,
Do you have any links/info on the 3000 10-40? I just dumped in some of the motorcycle formula and was wonder what the differeces were in additives and price.
wink.gif

Too
cheers.gif
Slick, How do you think this 10W-40 would do in a Kawasaki 18hp John Deere lawn Tractor which recommends a 10W-40?

Thank you for the reply I just bought 2 quarts of Amsoil 10W-40, and 2 quarts of Mobil 1 Truck & SUV and can't decide on which one to us. The owners manual call's for 5W-30, 10W-30, & 10W40.

cheers.gif
Thanks,

I run the highly friction modified, Series 2000/0w-30 in my 1990's, JD 265 (air cooled, 17 Hp Kawa) - that's what I'd use here as well. My engine has 565 hours and burns NO oil over the course of a season.

More power and better fuel efficiency w/ the S2000, than using the heavier diesel formulated oils....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back