Golden Spectro 4 10W-40 blend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the subject line says, Golden Spectro 4 10W-40 motorcycle oil, which a synthetic blend. I don't believe I'll ever use this oil again, even though the VOA makes it look like a decent oil.
code:

Cu 2

Fe 0

Cr 0

Ni 0

Ti 0

V 0

Ag 0

Pb 1

Sn 0

Al 1

Si 2

Na 1

K 0

Mo 37

B 1

Ba 0

Ca 1420

Mg 5

Mn 0

P 1103

Sb 0

Zn 1249

V@100 15.2

Particle Count

>5u 13552

>10u 1337

>15u 136

>20u 26

>25u 12

>50u 3

>75u 0

>100u 0

Ferr Deb 0

ISO 21/14

Part Vol 2

quote:

...even though the VOA makes it look like a decent oil.

I think I'm missing something, or should I say the list of elements is. Yes there's the zinc and the phos. and the calcium, but unless one is to rely heavily on the oils viscosity and hydrodynamic protection, there doesn't seem to be anything else that realy exist in any significant quantity. I'm no chemist and nor does this tell all as there could be something that just doesn't show, but....but....
gr_stretch.gif

I believed I used this in a 125cc air cooled dually, thought I won't point it out as a cause for it's demise....more like one of many.
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Huhwhye:
The cost of this oil is another reason I don't use it. About $6 a quart in my area.

You can do much better w/ $6 a quart

Yeah, darn right you can. I actually paid $7.25/qt here in NH.

Discount oil sold on the cheap is as good or better than those read outs.

What a rip that company is .........

That is the motorcycle industry for ya! Besides Schaeffers,Mobil,Amsoil,Maxima,Motul and Redline.I would love to see,Belray,silkolene,torco,honda etc:motorcycle specific dino oils that sell for 5.00-7.00 a qrt.I have a very confident feeling they wouldn't even come close to my Delvac 1300,6.00 a gallon and my new choice of dino oil Delo 400 7.00 a gallon,which I run in both 4 stroke and 2 stroke mx bikes. The motorcycle industry has alway's been a marketing ploy with some product's. I do however like to support the industry,but oil is not going to be one of them. I would run any of the oils above for my mx engines(1st sentence oils)but dino oils fit my application better.(frequent changes,very frequent)
Keith
(LET'S JUST RIDE)

Yeah it is a major ripp off...You can go to Walmart and pick up 4 quarts of oil with much better specs for the price of 1 bottle of Golden Spectro...GN 4 runs about $5 and it's a sorry oil...You'd be better off with Castol GTX...

This website could ruin MC specific oil companies.

camu,
may i suggest exxon superflow 10w40 (winter) or 20w50 (summer). you can get it often for 79 cents per quart after coupon and rebate at pepboys. or if you forget the rebate, a mind boggling 1.12 per qt. don't worry, your exc/mxc/xc will be just fine using it.

sands,
i've tested castrol gtx and it did ok. it shears easy. there are better oils for the same price or less. btw, i'm trying!!!
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back